Physically cheating or emotionally cheating?

Which is worse to you? A one night stand that meant nothing, or an emotional affair that never got physical?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:43 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• They are both bad, but the actual one night stand would hurt even more.

Answer by older at 5:45 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I prefer NEITHER and I'd leave as a result of either

however I'd be less of a mess from the physical. A mindless fuck fest as opposed to saying I love you, I'm going to leave my wife for you, etc....
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:45 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• They both suck!!! But physically cheating would be harder to forgive.
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 5:47 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I can and have worked past a physical affair but the emotional affairs (the one he was attached to) is the one that has ruined this relationship
    AprylnAtticus

Answer by AprylnAtticus at 5:52 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• both suck. Either way your dude doesnt care the way he said he did.
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 5:54 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I may be able to get over an emotional affair but I doubt it. I certainly know I could never get over a physical one.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 6:11 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• If either one happens to me they guy is gone! Both are an unforgivable offense! But I think an emotional attachment to another person would be harder for me to get over...that's only if it was a 1 night thing with physical cheating. If it was going on for a little bit then it becomes both emotional and physical. Then out the door he goes either way!
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 6:13 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Gosh, The choices suck. But I think the emotional would hurt more. I couldn't stand the thought of my husband loving someone else...... Sex can be just sex.
    eluc

Answer by eluc at 6:19 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• A physical affair would end us. I jus couldn't deal with it. An emotional affair would leave me wondering what I did wrong and I would give him the option to leave if he loved her more. At least that is what I think I'd do/feel anyway. You never can tell.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 7:21 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• both are bad but i honestly think emotional there is an intimacy connection yes a one nite stand i could get over all quicker but as my experience has taught me just recently in my marriage there is just i think a bigger more hazzardous thing about an emotional affair glad to say that we are working very hard but marriage is hard work but if its worth it you fight for it i wish you all the best
    boondocks

Answer by boondocks at 1:28 AM on Nov. 30, 2010