Anyone have dish for Thankgiving that was a faliure?

aitson

Asked by aitson at 6:03 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Holidays

• It wasn't an explosive failure but it was a disappointment. I had a gift certificate that was given to me a couple of years ago for a Honeybaked Ham. There are always huge lines every year so I figured it was good and finally used my certificate this Thanksgiving. First of all, if it weren't for the certificate, I would never, ever have paid $49.99 for a seven pound ham add to that standing in not just one line but in two long lines (one to be handed the ham and the second to pay for it) after I had reserved it three weeks prior. After all this hoopla, I figured this thing has got to be amazing. NOT!! I've made better honey baked hams myself for 1/3 the cost and no lines. I will never get one of these things on my own...EVER!
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 6:06 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Turkey day 2008 - I attempted baby new potatoes roasted in bacon. Epic failure.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:06 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I put a twist on the sweet potato pie this year and I used cinnamon sugar instead of brown sugar and it came out with way too much cinnamon. I will never do that again!
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 6:10 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I thought my apple pie came out too tart for my liking. I was disappointed that I didn't add enough sugar to sweeten it up to at least my liking.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 6:30 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• For the first time, i tried to make a Pumpkin pie with the can pumpkin. It tasted nasty.
    Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 6:26 AM on Nov. 30, 2010