Learning projects for a 3 year old.

During the day I am trying to figure out what kind of projects to do with mine. What do you do with your three year old that you would recommend doing?

justme581

Asked by justme581 at 6:03 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• We color, paint, glue. We bake (My son can count by halves!) we sing words (so he's learning to spell). We were doing alot with the letters in his name so he'd learn to write his name (which he did last month!). I let him string things (like buttons) and we count them first and then he counts them as he puts them on.
    As for projects we do ones I made when I was little, I google preschool crafts (and there are tons!). Sometimes I give him a sheet of stickers and paper...this is his favorite right now. If you want more specific crafts feel free to message me I'd love to share some of our crafts with you!
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 6:10 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• My son isn't quite three (he still has another month to do), but he loves to color, finger paint, play with playdo. He loves learning about his shapes, colors, letters (he knows his whole alphabet, to recite and recognize them by site) numbers (he knows up to 20), animals and their sounds, etc, etc. There are some games/activities geared towards children on sites like sesamestreet.org, starfall.com, fisherprice.com, etc. I let him help me cook sometimes, so we count the ingredients or the timer, etc. He loves flash cards, so much that he'll dig them out of the cupboard and bring them to me, begging.

There really is a lot of stuff you can find through google, if you look up preschool activities or lesson plans :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:47 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• *another month to go, lol, sorry :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:48 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Coloring, play-doh, painting, sticker books, sorting legos by color or size, lacing beads, lacing cards, reading to him, just playing and using imagination.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 8:11 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• We go to the library and pick out books about different things. This week is Killer Whales!!
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 8:40 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I prefer activities that encourage a child's sense of curiosity and wonder. I'm far less concerned about letters and numbers and traditional "academic" things, I like going for walks and looking for bird nests, (you can count them if you want to add number concepts). Or collecting and sorting different shaped leaves, or flowers. Dig in the dirt to see what's there, look in and under everything, Plant seeds in clear containers to discover root systems, observe phases of the moon, watch water create a path as it runs downhill. A child with a developed sense of curiosity will want to learn on their own.
    NaptimeNanny

Answer by NaptimeNanny at 10:00 PM on Nov. 29, 2010