should i say something about this?

i met this girl the other day with a step daughter and a little one on the way, im friends with her boyfriend first off, and all his friends were going to his house to have dinner and play video games and just "chill" (im 29 going to medical classes at an adult school thats how know these kids) so we get there and i see 2 puppies a cat and a kitten no biggie but i walk down the hall to find the bathroom i see the girl in a room full of cages! at first i think ok birds maybe then i look and i see a huge white rat (shudders) and the little step daughter playing with an all black one there are 7 rats in the room in the cages and one in an aquarium.....giving birth(they say they sell them to pet stores for some extra cash but only do it once a month so the females can heal after) but anyway so i go to the bathroom and start walking back down the hallway and 3 of the 7 rats are running around "playing" in the hall right in front of me it freaked me out beyond belief, i honestly dont think they should be letting a little girl play with such nasty things she might catch something serious, and something else i noticed when i was there there was a bright purple and silver pentagram painted in the little girls room

i seriously think i should say something to child services this little girl doesnt seem safe to me int the house with so many animals...especially 7 rats

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:03 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• Please excuse me but I don't want to be rude but I really feel you should mind your own business. What you interput as a pentagram might be a star just jacked up. If the rats really bother you just don't go back to their house. A rat can also be a pet. Once you call Children Services there's no taking it back. Everyone lives differently please take that into condsideration.
    suelo74

Answer by suelo74 at 6:10 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Wow...you anon trolls are really something else!
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 6:10 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• im not being a troll im serious
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:13 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• and no it was a pagan/wiccan pentagram on the wall by the door in the little girls room they say "its to keep evil out"
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:15 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• i really dont think u should call DSS the animals r in cages they r pets. if they sell them to pet stores why is this a crime to u? some1 else is going buy them. Mayb some1 will buy them for there child who knows. i wouldnt have them for my kids but all ppl are diff and like diff animals
    BellaDiamond

Answer by BellaDiamond at 6:16 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• You need to mind your business. As long as she is healthy, happy and loved she is fine.
    eluc

Answer by eluc at 6:17 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Pet rats aren't dirty at all.....it's the wild ones that have diseases. I think that it is wrong to call CPS just because you don't like the choice of animal that they have chosen as a pet. I mean is the child taken care of, fed, clean? Is she healthy emotionally and physically (no signs of abuse or neglect)? Is the house in decent condition (not falling apart and sanitary)? I see no need to butt in here. Rats are a perfectly lovely pet....not for everyone, but perfectly clean and lovely none the less.
    annabsmommy

Answer by annabsmommy at 6:21 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• yeah shes healthy now but what im worried about is if one of the rats bite her, i never said selling the babies was a bad thing, and with this new baby on the way idk what'll happen, im not being nosy i just have 2 kids of my own and a step child i know how i would feel if my husband left me and took the kids and his new girlfriend/fiance/wife had an animal i knew for a fact could hurt my children, im surprised the little girls real mom hasnt called child services on them yet, im just looking out for the child thats all
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:22 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• P.S. CPS isn't going to care less if they are pagans.
    annabsmommy

Answer by annabsmommy at 6:23 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• The rats ppl have as pets are not the same as wild rats, they can be very clean sweet pets. I'd let it go, calling CPS is no small thing it would cause undue stress for the child and parents
    Bjoycassell

Answer by Bjoycassell at 6:23 PM on Nov. 29, 2010