Any advice for a mother of two, on how to do/find honest work from home?

PamelaH.

Asked by PamelaH. at 6:24 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Money & Work

• What type of work are you seeking?
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:24 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• im intrested in this myself..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 6:26 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I was in banking, did some bookkeeping... the problem is that I no longer have a sitter or daycare for my children and I am willing to work, just not sure where to start. I don't have a lot of money to get my own business up and running so anything too costly would be out of the question.
    PamelaH.

Comment by PamelaH. (original poster) at 6:27 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I actually blog about work at home ideas and opportunities.  Maybe you can find something there:  Mavi's Home Work

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:11 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I currently work from home with Internet CEO Moms and I absolutely LOVE it!! We don't throw parties, keep inventory, or take orders so that's always a plus. The start up cost is VERY low so if you are interested, feel free to visit my site at www.4theLoveofMyFamily.com

I would love to get you more info and possibly help you out!! :o)

Good luck in your search!

~Alyssa M.
    Helping Moms Work From Home Since 1999!
    www.4theLoveofMyFamily.com
    www.sandamaliska.blogspot.com
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 7:30 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• You might look at www.care.com . They have several categories and there might be something that is a fit. Use the pulldown to see the categories and then search by zipcode. GL!!

elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:09 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Babysit a couple kids. I just posted an ad on Craigslist. After about a month and a half I had three kids to babysit.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 8:24 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

•  I would say to not waste time with work at home jobs...thI would rather see you invest in a business that you are really passionate the company, products, team and mentor you join.  When you have all that working for you and position yourself for success FIRST (instead of just joining anything that looks good) then you will prosper :).  

Feel free to hop on over to my blog www.RozPearcy.com to see what our team teaches for those that join with us (we show you how to create a profitable blog so not only do you bring in leads for your business but also earn affiliate income :)).  I have a special going on that you can't get with anyone else to get $100 cash back if you join by tomorrow night.  Visit my journal post for the details. Best wishes with your search!!

RozPearcy

Answer by RozPearcy at 10:53 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to http://www.ivaa.org/ http://www.iavoa.com/ http://www.vanetworking.com/
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques.. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization, I also do career and job search coaching; additionally, I handle the business end of my spouse's business, and do medical billing and coding one day a week for one of my bookkeeping clients

Answer by rkoloms at 5:44 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• https://my2scents.scentsy.us

I'm happy to help with any questions or details. Best wishes and happy holidays!!
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 10:49 AM on Nov. 30, 2010