vasectomy question and a tubal question

I just found out I am pregnant this is going to be our last baby, but after I have the baby I am trying to talk DH into getting a vasectomy.

Well the tubal question is: if you get your tubes tied and you had a vaginal birth with no meds (I am trying to go med free) do they give you something before doing a tubal? Do you have to get any needle of any kind dtuck in your spine when you get a tubal? I heard you had to have a epidural for a tubal and because of complications from the last I refuse to have an epidural again.

The vasectomy question is: Who do we talk to about getting DH a vasectomy? Do we talk to a family doctor? Who?

Also what are the pros and cons of a vasectomy? What about a tubal?

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 6:25 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would NEVER suggest having a tubal to ANYONE EVER.

You are put under general anesthesia for it since it is a surgical procedure. It is usually an outpatient procedure, with a MINIMUM 6 week recovery (mine was much longer, and now I suffer from 'PTLS' as well- google it).

A vas is reversible, minimally invasive (tubal is abdominal surgery), and has a recovery time of around a week.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:29 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Men are babies and especially when it comes to someone messing around with the family jewels. I got a tubal ligation because no matter what, when and if my current husband break up, I don't want the next one to get any bright ideas. My factory is closed...closed...CLOSED!!!!
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 6:29 PM on Nov. 29, 2010