Is it normal for my 8 yr old daughter and her friend to 'explore' each others body parts!

mamarock888

Asked by mamarock888 at 6:32 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• NO!! gross....
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 6:35 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Yes it is normal and actually probably funny to them, so many changes are happening. You might want to talk to her about her body parts and whats appropriate and not, one being looking at other peoples body parts. I'm not talking about the sex talk just what she can expect and what will happen in the future with her body.

Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 6:39 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I don't think it's normal for a girl this old to explore body parts. If she wants to know the female anatomy why not just ask you. Then you can go about it the righta way. Don't ignore, take her to the doctor and let the doctor know what's going on maybe she can help you or send you to someone that can. Good Luck
    suelo74

Answer by suelo74 at 6:41 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Define "explore"?
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 6:42 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• It happens and considered somewhat normal. But tell her to refrain since she knows now.
    Anonymous

• I agree with define 'exploring' looking and talking or touching... looking and talking is normal touching is not. IMO.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:47 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I didn't see what happened and I'm not even totally sure anything did. They were
    Playing and got really quiet. When I asked what they were doing they acted like they
    Had just been caught.
    mamarock888

Comment by mamarock888 (original poster) at 6:49 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• It is totally normal to be curious.................

Answer by older at 6:53 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I remember being around this age and "play" making out with my best friend at the time lol. It's quite embaressing now of course but we were little and pretending. It was no kind of lesbian stuff and there was no touching of each others genitals or even kissing. I'm sure had a parent walked in they would have freaked like you are but it may have been nothing but what we did. I can just think about it now and get embaressed like, wtf were we doing lol. But we were pretending bf and gf i guess lol. It's probably nothing.
    Anonymous

• I really doubt your daughter at the age of eight is unlocking some deep sexual bi curious interest. As I said before she's changing, her body is changing so yes it's normal.

Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 6:57 PM on Nov. 29, 2010