People actually pay to go to public school? (elementary, jr high, and high school)

Where I am from and still am, we don't pay to go to public school. I am not talking about school supplies, breakfast, lunches, clothes, etc. I am talking about tuition just to go to a public school. I find it ridiculous.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in

• here if you want your child to go to all day kindergarten you have to pay $80 a week. It's so unfair to those who can't afford it.
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 6:49 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• where do people do that?
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 6:34 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I haven't heard of anything like that. I can understand why because of this economy.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 6:35 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• In the USA we don't do either.

Answer by louise2 at 6:36 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• We don't pay tuition but we have so many darn fundraisers, I'd rather just write a check and call it good.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:39 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Not tuition but there are classroom dues and PTA dues and other random items you are not required to purchase but it is 'highly recommended' Like some Social Studies Magazine and some at home software for the computer...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:39 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I never heard of that.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:42 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• We never paid "tuition", however when my son was in Jr High/High school we had to pay "Fees" for many things.. Locker fees, textbook fees, lab (sciene & computer) fees, and others as well. That's not really paying a tuition, but it's not a free education either.. lol
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:44 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• We paid for Kindergarten but 80 a week is alot.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:51 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I have never heard of anyone PAYING to go to Pubic School!!! Where did you hear that?
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 6:55 PM on Nov. 29, 2010