Can you see/feel spirits?

First off,I've been sensitive to ghosts since I was a small child. My grandma passed this morning. I went over to console my mom and aunt and have a little session of remembrance. My mom and aunt left the room and suddenly I felt the air around me was heavier,and I felt a warmth on my cheek and all the hair on my body stood on end! My mom walked back in and I guess I had a shocked look on my face because she asked me what was wrong,and I told her we're not alone. the presence backed off a foot or two,and after about 30 seconds,faded away into the wall.
I guess she's sticking around awhile to check up on us!

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 6:44 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes, I can see, hear and feel them many times. I had a similar experience with my grandfather, so I understand what you are talking about. I would say this was her way of saying good bye. Blessings to you!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:49 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• You lucky girl! Isn't it amazing to know your Grandma is still around? It will hopefully bring you some peace.. Sorry to hear about your loss.

I have spirits in this house and hear them and see all the crap they move around but I've never seen them.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:46 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Yes I do believe. I can not see but I can feel at times.
    Anonymous

• or it was her angel :-)

Yes I believe you can feel and sense angels and demons.
    Although a thought just occurred to me.. my guess is that you were not there when she passed on and that was her way of saying goodbye. I do know people do not always die until business is finished... I also know a person who's spirit leaves them weighs less then before. Its wild stuff.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 6:49 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• cool, I have regular visits from my mom and family members that have passed, I have also had pets visit me.....spirits are all around us!
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 6:52 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• What about when they tap you on the shoulder or try to touch your hair?? I believe too.
    Anonymous

• i can feel and see it to sometimes when i was painting my room over the summer i felt 3 presences with me the whole time by the time i was finished with my room i realized it was my 3 brothers that had died the year before, they wont leave now though lol
    Lizzypuppylove

Answer by Lizzypuppylove at 7:27 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Yes and yes... and yes she is watching over you right now. Once your greiving is done she will continue on as well.
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry about your Grandma. Hugs to you for your loss.

Yes, both me and my husband have been able to see/feel/hear spirits. We passed it down to our son as well.

Creepy story here (I have touching and happy ones as well) ... the day before my son got out of the hospital to come home, for what would be his last week, he woke up in the middle of the night and saw a dark figure in the room with him and his cousin (he was asleep). He (my son) wasn't afraid of the figure and knew it was death. I knew it the second he told me about it. However, I took the coward's way on that day and told him that he had simply caught a glimpse of the demons haunting his cousin and it was nothing to worry about.

Better story ... I was having a very bad day. Hubby and I had been fighting (early in our marriage). I laid down on the bed upset and felt my Mawmaw stroke my hair. I felt much better after that. =)
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 8:25 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Just a little good-bye hug from grandma! Consider yourself blessed. Not many have the sensations of their loved-one's presences to comfort them. I was also blessed to feel the presense of my mother near me after her passing. My MIL made the rounds to her children and grandchildren to kiss them goodbye after she passed.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 10:29 PM on Nov. 29, 2010