when did you tell your little ones you were pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:48 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• imediately when we found out!!! they got excited bc they thought they could ply with the new baby as soon as she got here
    tld1221

Answer by tld1221 at 8:58 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Mine was just over 2 and a half when I got pregnant so I didn't even start talking until he was 3. I was about 5 months along.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:50 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I would personally at least wait until past the 12 weeks mark.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:58 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I told my oldest daughter both times when I went to my gender determining ultrasound. My youngest is 17 months so she doesn't really understand what's happening.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 7:06 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I made the mistake of telling my son when I was 12 weeks along. Then I had a miscarriage. It was really hard having to explain why. After that I waited until I was 5 months.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:51 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• my kids are 3 and 5.5 with my youngest I started showing at 14 weeks so I dought I will be able to not tell them until 5 months. I was huge by that time with my second. Plus I want to tell my kids first before I tell everyone else so they dont hear it from someone else and I know for a fact I wont be abble to hide it from family.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:54 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• My son was 7. I was big. He never noticed. I told him at 5 months.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:23 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• my son was still really young so he didn't really understand but we started talking about it with him when I started to get big at about 5- 6 months
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 7:50 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• When I was pg with my second, my ds was under two so there was no need to really 'tell' him formally. When I got hugely fat, we let him know that there was a baby in there. Even so he wasn't that interested until the baby actually came home. When I was pg with my third child, my middle one was just under two but my oldest was four and old enough to understand- we waited until I had a normal u/s after the 12 week point. We figured at that point we should tell him because we told other (adult) people at that point and we wanted him to hear it from us instead of hearing other people talking about it and wondering what the heck was going on!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 8:05 PM on Nov. 29, 2010