VERY TMI HELP ME adult content

okay so i am 8 weeks preg and i am having a hard time with my bowel movements its hard to get out painful and im sick of it and i have some red blood in it how can i get them to come out easier to make my life better? i am so sick and tired of it and i need help i dont want to hurt the baby by taking anything but is like ex-lax okay or what do you think

Thank you and im sorry its so tmi

AliciaLamoreux

Asked by AliciaLamoreux at 7:05 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• First trimester is a doozy on the old digestion system. Drink a lot of water, walk daily, and get lots of fiber in your diet. The second trimester is much better :)
    kbakeman

Answer by kbakeman at 7:07 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Girl----I would use a plain fleet glycerin suppository along with a stool softener. I did this throughout my pregnancies and had no problems. Otherwise, I would have been a wreck. I'm prone to constipation and the more veggies I ate, the bigger the blockage. Water didn't help either---it just made me pee constantly. I felt that the mild meds were better than straining. I'm 48 yo. I'm not embarrassed to talk about constipation , hemmorhoids---anything, sista!
    charlottej

Answer by charlottej at 7:11 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I know my dr prescribed a pre-natal vitamin w/ something in it to help make it easier to go. Not a laxative, but something that just made it easier. Sorry I'm not of more help, but I agree w/ what the pp said, and also add talk to your dr.
    xv35ballx

Answer by xv35ballx at 7:12 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• First of all, don't worry about TMI! Pooping is NORMAL and so are difficulties pooping! TAKE PROBIOTICS everyday!! I swear by them and they are totally safe for pregnancy and nursing. (baby needs them too.) (Try Sustenex, 1 a day) You can also add Activia yogurt..... eat lots of high fiber! You can get Fiber one cereal... the little almost pellet looking kind and add them to salads or yogurt or to your favorite cereal. Next, get some fiber capsules... (like metamucil) start by taking FIVE at bedtime..... if that doesn't work, take FIVE more in the morning with breakfast. After you have a bowl movement, continue taking two fiber capsules twice a day everyday to keep you regular. Don't take natural senna laxitives or any other laxitive because these could cause uterine contractions.... with the added fiber and probiotics you shouldn't need them. Let me know if you have any questions!! Good luck! :-)
    hollysybb

Answer by hollysybb at 7:16 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Call your dr to ask if a laxative is safe to take, and what kind they recommend. Other than that, start taking stool softeners with your prenatal vitamins each day.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 7:16 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• And drink TONS of water!!
    hollysybb

Answer by hollysybb at 7:28 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• i had the same problem turns out my prenatal had to much iron so i switched to the childrens vitamin. and then i had to do merolax in water every day! my doc told me to do it so it was safe for the baby! but it gave me bad gas!! talk to ur doc when u go! good luck!!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 7:31 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Colace and water. Use stool softeners because laxatives are too harsh for baby.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:32 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Do not take ex-lax. Get some Citracil (spelling) its a powder you put in water to drink. Also ask your doctor for a different prenatal vitamin sometimes there is too much iron in them and thats what makes you so constipated. Good Luck!
    Itsaboy0410

Answer by Itsaboy0410 at 10:56 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I have the same problem, I get had stool, but my mom told me to drink lots of apple juice and that will help. It makes you have to pee a lot but it did help. I just wish I would have told her about my problem before I got hemroids. So try drinking apple juice and buy some preperation H if you have hemroids. good luck!
    Rileysmommy22

Answer by Rileysmommy22 at 3:00 PM on Dec. 1, 2010