How can I make it seem like I don't need a man when all I want is to be in a relationship?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:13 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• Are you trying to act like this for others???

Answer by louise2 at 7:16 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Why are you trying to make things look a certain way? If you don't like that you feell you need a relationship and you don't like that about yourself, then work on that to make it true. Whenever you act like something that you aren't, everyone sees through it, they just don't tell you.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:19 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• You need to show that you love yourself and not give someone else all the power. You can want a relationship, but refuse to take less than you deserve. You will find it.

You can be strong and independent, while still desire a relationship. Good luck!
    abbysmommy429

Answer by abbysmommy429 at 7:19 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• It just seems like men are more attracted to women that don't need anyone.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:20 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Who are you trying to fool? Others or yourself? You need to be comfortable in your own skin first. You need to be able to enjoy doing things on your own and for yourself. Try going to a show alone. Or to lunch. Once you build up your self confidence, it will no longer be an "act." Not having a guy is not the worst thing in the world. Besides, if you rush into a relationship just for the sake of having a relationship, you'll end up going thru alot more guys who arent your type before you finally find one that's right for you. Take your time, and good luck :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:20 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• It sucks, I know. I'd like to be in a relationship too. But I know I'll be fine if it doesn't happen, you will be too =) One of these days you're going to realize that. How long have you been single?
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 7:27 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• That's a certain type of man not all men feel that way. Some men like to feel needed and actually dont do well in a relationship if the women doesn't seem like she needs him. Be yourself. Obviously you want to be in a relationship but you want to be independent emotionally which is do able. Take care of yourself first and then a man that fits your wants and needs will fall perfectly into your life but if you fake it you'll attract the wrong man not right for you or your situation.

Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 7:29 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• About a year. But I'm not OK by myself. I need a man. Maybe it makes me weak but I don't care.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:31 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• If you are trying to act like this with guys. Just treat them like friends. Tell them you not looking for a serious relationship. Don't date anyone.

Answer by louise2 at 7:32 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• But I'm not OK by myself. I need a man. Maybe it makes me weak but I don't care.

If you aren't okay alone, any relationship you have will not be fufilling enough. I would really dig deep and figure out where these feelings are coming from. Believe me, no matter how you try to come off, men with low standards feel people out like you to use and prey off of. No man will ever fix you, save you, or make you feel whole. You will be in love with the idea of being in love, and wind up dissapointed most of the time. Fill that void first, then that man with the right values will show up. You really should care. Especially if you have kids. You are setting an example. Best wishes.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:36 PM on Nov. 29, 2010