Do you take sleep medication?

I take ambien and sometimes drink wine, but I don't sleep well. Do you do anything to help sleep better?

charlottej

Asked by charlottej at 7:19 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Health

• I can't take Ambien; it makes me hallucinate. lol... I do take Temazepam and it works pretty well.
    abbysmommy429

Answer by abbysmommy429 at 7:22 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I do not sleep well either and those are the things I use. Just don't do them together lol
    TawnyMarlow

Answer by TawnyMarlow at 7:23 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I don't remember the name of mine, but I am supose to take them, but I don't that is probably why I have a hard time falling asleep. It takes me 2-3 hours to fall asleep at night and then I am up 1-2 times a night then at 7-8. I am afraid if i take them I wont hear my kids wake in the middle of the night and I know DH isn't going to get up with them lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 7:24 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I just use an antihistimine occasionally

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:25 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I go for the all natural approach, total exhaustion from getting up at 5am, going to work, and talking care of my family, my home, etc. I would like to warn you about mixing alcohol & sleep aids tho. That's a very deadly combination, one that you may not wake up from. Please ask your Dr. or pharmacist about alternatives that are safe & nonaddictive.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:26 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• They give me an awful hangover. I was taking Ambien when I had insomnia due to depression years ago. I didn't like how I felt. You can take melatonin as a natural cure. Wine will help you doze off, but it will give you lower quality sleep.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 7:38 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I use melatonin, somtimes it works well some not so well.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 8:04 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I darken the room, that seems to really help me.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 8:19 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I will lay down in bed with a low light on reading for a while to wind down and that helps.

PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 9:18 PM on Nov. 29, 2010