Does any one care about population?

Many people have multiple kids. I am just saying do the math. Two people bring in say four childen. So the popultion grew by two people. The real question is does any one care about population besides me? Because there are tons of children with out homes.

TawnyMarlow

Asked by TawnyMarlow at 7:28 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I dont really give a crap. I take care of my kids
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 7:34 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• So the popultion grew by two people.

You have to weigh this against the death rate. Two people having 4 kids doesn't always mean that we are at +2. We might be at a 0 population growth because when the 2 people were born there were 2 deaths and when their 2 children were born there were 2 deaths. That is a 0 growth. My grand daughter was born; however my MIL died. Zero population growth.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:58 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I care, I did my bit to keep it at a minimum..............................

Answer by older at 7:29 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Well since we could fit the entire population of the world into the state of Texas....no....I'm not worried about over population!
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 9:29 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I do not care to populate the earth with tons of children, but I do have a desire to adopt!
    abbysmommy429

Answer by abbysmommy429 at 7:30 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Yes,I am concerned. That s my objection to people like the Duggars and that crazy Octomom ....etc. They don't use their heads.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 7:40 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• There are several reasons that we decided to only have two. But I think this says it best - we like to say that we decided to replace only ourselves.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 7:41 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Tawny .. you should watch those links then ... overpopulation is a myth, and the Population Research Institute explains why.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 8:33 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Do you think "within my own family" is the only place that happens. Of course the population has grown. There are way more people on earth than, say, when the cave man walked. We perfected growing food. The more food....the more people, but there was a 0 population growth world wide for a while. They would actually give those figures on the news when I was growing up. So, if you want us to have a "single child policy" like China, who I don't hold as a shining example of population control, which of my boys to I not have....the first one, the second one, or the third one? I don't really want the government to tell me how many children I can have, or decide which sex is valuable and which can be exterminated. China doesn't exactly like girls you know.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:36 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I am not worried about it. I am pregnant with twins hope to have 5-6 more after this. Those worried about population growth should simply not have any children at all to counter balance the rest of us.
    Anonymous