DD bday WWYD

My dd is in 1st grade and in the lower grades there is a standing rule that you invite all kids to birthday parties or all kids of the same sex to birthday parties IF YOU PASS THE INVITATIONS OUT AT SCHOOL. I want to make the part in caps clear.

My dd is having a party at a bear building place at a local mall. The party is somewhat pricy but I dont mind as we do partys every other year. I told my DD she could invite a certin amout of girls but I really wanted to keep it close friends or girls whom I knew the parents (basically I have to tell the place ahead of time how many kids and im charged that amount sucks but thats how it is)

I am giving the invitations out to the parents directly or at girl scouts. Here comes the dilema. After doing the invitations I realized that she is inviting all but 4 girls from her class. She likes these 4 girls but she is not close to them and I do not know the parents. Im not breaking any rules by not inviting them but I do feel badly as I can not guarantee the other kids will not talk about the party. There is a part of me that thinks I should suck it up pay the exta $100 and invite the other girls and then there is a party of me that says it sucks to not be invited but you cant be invited to everuthing. So..help me out invite the rest or leave it alone. Please no drama I am not breaking any rules and im trying not to hurt anyones feelings

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:30 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would invite the rest. Everyone is not going to say yes. It's kind of mean to leave out 4 girls.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:36 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I would invite the extra 4 - mompam is right, not everyone is going to be able to attend. I absolutely agree that not everyone is going to be invited to everything, but isn't is great when you can make a little child so happy over an invitation? They will get enough rejection in high school to learn how everyone is not included in everything - if possible, I'd spare this lesson this time. I hope the party is a great success!
    MomIWant

Answer by MomIWant at 8:11 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I'd invite the other 4 girls. Maybe some of the kids won't be able to go anyway.
    JonesMama

Answer by JonesMama at 9:29 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I say invite the other four. I know that if I were a parent of one of the four, even if they were not passed out at school, I would be a bit upset. You know the four girls that are not invited would be sad and go home and tell about it.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 1:17 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Oh my gosh. I guess we live in a hard core area because my daughter has not been invited to parties and she has not invited all of her class to her party and guess what? She is fine! Yes it sucks not to be invited but I can promise you she will not be invited to other girls' b-day parties. Personally, I tell my daughter to invite the girls she plays with/likes the most and that is it. You could always arrange a play date for the whole class and just have cake at that, too. Either way, have fun!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:07 PM on Nov. 30, 2010