Is formula okay for adults?

Dh and I get too much formula from wic so we use some of it for ourselves. It saves a little on milk. We use it in cereal, coffee, etc. My concern is maybe it's not that good for us. We just thought it would add a little more nutrients than milk and save us some money. We only get 500 dollors a month in foodstamps and that isn't much to feed two people kwim? Dh and I both get disability which is only 1,300 a month.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:43 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I use 500$ on a family of five. Sounds likemore than enough to me.
    Anonymous

• If it's good for your baby then it's good for you, it wont hurt you. Yuck! You like the taste, it taste so irony.

Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 7:45 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Yeah, if it is good enough for a baby it should be good for you.

Answer by older at 7:46 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• you need to find someone that has a baby that needs it
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 7:46 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I don't know but my husband's full grown adult cousin still drinks it. His mother never weaned him off formula unbelievable as that sounds, he drank it from a bottle all the way to 21 years old. Well that was the last time I visited that family. Who knows... maybe he is still on the bottle. But he seemed okay healthwise. I don't know about mentally lol.
    skitNbearsmom

Answer by skitNbearsmom at 7:47 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• first...500 a month is plenty to feed 2 people if you shop right....second, theres a lot of nutrients in formula specifically designed for babies so yeah, you're probably messing some stuff up in there if you're drinking it. If you need to replace milk, try getting powdered milk or even evaporated milk. Whenever we ran out of milk at my house and my mom wanted cereal, she'd put some of that plus water into it. Again though, i really think you could benefit from learning how to be a thrifty shopper. I feed my family of 3 on 320 a month.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 7:47 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• You have plenty of money. Give the formula to people who need it!
    TawnyMarlow

Answer by TawnyMarlow at 7:48 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Well, I don't know about the formula, but I feed a family of 4 on just over $250 a month, so $500 is more than enough for 2 people. Try shopping sales, using coupons, and buying store brand items.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 7:51 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• To answer your question why don't you bring the unused formula back to the WIC office so they can give it to another family in need of formula to feed their CHILD rather than themselves, because WIC supplies many families with help and it would be real nice of you to give back rather than waste it. KWIM. $1300 a month plus $500 in foodstamps is more than many families are receiving right now.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 7:52 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I think that it sounds like you are kind of abusing the wic system. They only give out a certain amount of food and then the rest of the people are without. If you are getting too much formula then you should give it to someone who really needs it or tell wic to find someone who really needs it. $500 is more than enough to pay for groceries for a month-in our house it would last 2 months! Just because things are tight in your house doesn't mean you have the right to abuse the benefits that you do receive.
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 8:08 PM on Nov. 29, 2010