A fathers questions. ??

So the father of my child and i are not dating. He is starting to question if he is the father or not. He is. And i dont know how to convince him. Im sure this is normal for a situation like this but its depressing. How can i assure him that he is the only one who could be the father? Do i just have to deal with his accusations until a paternity test can be done in 8 months. Its stressing me out. And i know stress is not good. Especially in the 1st trimester. What do i do???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:57 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I agree with mamaalice, if he wants to be a butt about it, ignore him. Keep him updated on the doctors appointments, ultrasounds, and such. If wants to come let him. Leave the door open.....the whole time. and if he is going to spend the time questioning the situation shove him out of the door and shut it till the next appointment. It can be that simple. I am sure he is going through a lot of transitioning now, however you are dealing with more and should not have to deal with his issues, especially if he completely disregards yours.
    ambernicole531

Answer by ambernicole531 at 9:51 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Tell him you are certain; and if he wants proof he can have it in 8 months. If he's stressing you out-stay away from him. You are not dating so there is no reason to see him. You might want to keep tabs on him so that you can go after child support.
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 8:02 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Do you want a relationship with him? Do you want him to have visitation? Do you expect child support? If the answer is yes to these, then have a paternity test and list him as the father on the birth certificate. if you want to be on your own, let it go.....he will never have any rights unless you want him to --or it can be proven that he is the father. Decide your situation and then act. You hold the cards, mama.
    charlottej

Answer by charlottej at 8:00 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• If you are not dating, then tell him to knock it off already and that he will just have to wait until the test can be done. Let him know that his insecurity is only stressing you out and that proof will be there soon enough.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 8:01 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• You may just have to deal with it until the baby is born. It's not worth doing it in utero unless you need an amnio for some reason. I'm really sorry you're going through this. I can imagine it's not fun. Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like there's much you can say or do until he can see the paternity test results. Also, I wouldn't count on him for much, during pregnancy or after the baby comes. These situations don't usually end well. I hope yours goes better than most. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:01 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I have a friend in the same situation they just decided to have the dna test done after the baby was born it is the cheapest way to go.
    bhoward87

Answer by bhoward87 at 8:02 PM on Nov. 29, 2010