My sister in law and her best friend came to me.

and told me that her best friend was pregnant. they are both 16 years old. my sister in law told me that her best friend's mom wanted her to get an abortion. she is telling me that her mom is making her get one or she can not live in her house? what things can i do to help my sister in law's friend.

K-RydesMommy

Asked by K-RydesMommy at 8:10 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Tough spot, mama. Here's a bump for you. I hope everything works out.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:11 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Find her a place to stay. I'd probably let her live with me until she could find better arrangements. Then help her get on medicaid, etc.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 8:11 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Contact someone at your county's social service dept and they can help her out. Maybe let her stay with you until she gets some help.
    tony1638

Answer by tony1638 at 8:12 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• If she wants to keep the baby try to find her a foster home that will take her until she gives birth, sometimes churches can refer you to one.

Answer by older at 8:13 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Hobbitswife, my little sister in law is trying to make arrangements for her to move in.... I just feel so bad for the girl and I wanna give her some good adive on what to do and were to go from here.
    K-RydesMommy

Comment by K-RydesMommy (original poster) at 8:14 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Have her go to a Crisis Pregnancy Center. Not Planned Parenthood. Our church supports our local crisis pregnancy center, and they do so much good work. They will help her with Medicaide, help her with parenting classes, give her things she needs for the baby, and I can guarantee, abortion is NOT mentioned in them.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 8:19 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Thanks Cbk_mom. I'll look into finding something like that around here... Thank you, again!
    K-RydesMommy

Comment by K-RydesMommy (original poster) at 8:25 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• You are very welcome. You all will be in my prayers.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 8:26 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• If she doesn't want the abortion, then the advice you need to give her is to not go home again. Find a crisis pregnancy center operated by a church, because they will not push abortion. If she knows she doesn't want one, then she needs to avoid planned parenthood. They will go over her options as far as adoption or keeping the baby go. I don't know what else to say that hasn't already been said. If she's forced into an abortion, she will hate her mother for the rest of her life.
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 8:41 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I would allow her to stay with me and help her out anyway I could. Where is the father of this child? What are his parents saying and thinking about this? They could posablity allow her to stay there. They do need to raise this child together.
    Here is a bumop. Wishing you all luck.
    If you don't mind me asking what state do you live in? Reason i ask is I work PT at our teenmom and baby center in my town.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:46 PM on Nov. 29, 2010