multiple c sections?

can i have multiple c sections? i am on my second one this time, but i want to have more... will it b safe for me to keep having kids?

sarahlu

Asked by sarahlu at 8:28 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had 3. I was told that's really the max most doctors are comfortable doing. After that, your uterus can weaken on the scars, and it just becomes more dangerous. At least that's how it was explained to me.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 8:32 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• All 3 of my babies were c-sections. If you want more children I would talk to your ob/gyn and ask them about this as.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:33 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• My friend had 4 but her doctor had asked her to stop at three. Talk it over with your doctor.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:39 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• It's different for every Momma..... an ultra sound of your uterus can check on the direction, shape, etc of the scar and can give a better idea of whether a vaginal birth is OK or not such a good idea in the future.

I've had 2 c sections. 1 emergency and 1 pre planned. Next baby I'll be attempting vaginally and at home.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 8:39 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• most doctors won't do vbac's after 2 c-sections. it's very hard to find one here in the US. but yeah, it really depends on the condition of your uterus. like my doctor told me after my 2nd, no more kids, at least without checking things out first, to be on the safe side. but she really recommended no more kids
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 8:47 PM on Nov. 29, 2010