• In the Spotlight:

could being elbowed in the lower abdomen @17 weeks cause a miscarriage

newmomdiva

Asked by newmomdiva at 8:40 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I don't think so. Are you having pain or bleeding? if so call your dr and ask him/her
    CarlieJS

Answer by CarlieJS at 8:42 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Not likely. That baby is well protected. However if you experience any bleeding call your oB.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:42 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• you would have to have gotten hit pretty hard, and by being elbowed it is unlikely. You would be surprised how protected baby is in our bellies.
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 8:43 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• On accident? On purpose? It would depend on how forcefully. It is possible, but highly unlikely. Your uterus is designed to protect your baby and is a fairly resiliant muscle. Woman have underwent far worse trauma to the abdomen and gone on to deliver healthy babies months later.
    DazzlednSeattle

Answer by DazzlednSeattle at 8:44 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Highly unlikely. My little ones have done much worse. They always seem to slam into me, not maliciously but because their little minds just do not think of being careful.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:48 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I agree with everyone...unlikely.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 8:54 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I once lifted a heavy box full of files and the jerky boss knew I was pregnant. I had a little spotting right afterwards and told my friend to tell her boss to shove it . Nothing happened, I am sure you will be fine.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 9:06 PM on Nov. 29, 2010