baby not moving @ 17 weeks

I have felt my baby move since about week 12 or 13, and since about week 16, i have not felt the baby move @ all, i saw the Dr about 2 weeks ago and the baby heart rate was fine, but i am getting concerned that something might b wrong now that the baby has completely stopped moving.

sarahlu

Asked by sarahlu at 8:41 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• if you get to worried to into the ER they will do an ultrasound. it will help ease your worries
    Mom2UnbrnAngels

Answer by Mom2UnbrnAngels at 8:43 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• some babies just dont move. but if you are concerned you can request an ultrasound from your dr.
    CarlieJS

Answer by CarlieJS at 8:43 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I had the same problem around 20 weeks. My daughter was fine, heartbeat and movement wise, I just wasn't feeling it. The doctor told me she could have shifted where her kicks were more directed towards my back. He told me to drink apple juice. I don't remember why, but after a week of adding two glasses of apple juice a day to my diet, I actually did feel her again. Make sure you are eating plenty. That should help out too. Good luck, hope all is well.
    ModernMommie

Answer by ModernMommie at 8:45 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• The juice is like a sugar rush for the baby it will make them move more. It takes about 1-2 hours to work
    CarlieJS

Answer by CarlieJS at 8:49 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• You should probably call you doctor if you're that concerned.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 8:52 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Drink some Orange Juice and lay on your right side and see if that gets you some movement.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:52 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• You could also fill up a glass with ice, then add water. Place it on top of your naked belly if you see subtle movement in the water or jingling of the ice it will show you that the baby is moving. You will see a reminder of it.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 8:56 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• If it is the first baby generally you wont feel it move around. The second you can feel more movement, but I agree that if you are to worried to see a doc.
    trashymom

Answer by trashymom at 8:57 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• @CarlieJS - I knew it was something like that. It sure made me jittery. I dont really care for them all that much, because of the sugar. My DD must have been stubborn or just liked the sugar, cause it was like 3 days before she had started to really move again. LoL! Thank you though, I was racking my brain trying to remember the reason.
    ModernMommie

Answer by ModernMommie at 8:57 PM on Nov. 29, 2010