How to care for super dry hair?

I've got really dry curly hair. I wash and condition my hair about 3-4 times a week. I heard washing it daily is not necessary for my type of hair. I am wondering of some inexpensive ways to help with my super dry hair right now. I want it to be soft, shiny and healthy looking. I also get my hair cut every 4-6 weeks when I can. Any homemade hair recipes I can make at home?
Thanks,

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• TeaTree oil shampoo
    CarlieJS

Answer by CarlieJS at 8:50 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Sure. You can use Olive Oil. Just put some on your hair, massage throughout, cover in a plastic cap and sit for about 15 minutes. Then rinse well.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:50 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Dove Damage Therapy works well. I am on Synthroid and my hair is like straw. I only wash a couple times a week and use that when I do. My hair feels pretty nice.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 8:51 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Try biosilk
    bhoward87

Answer by bhoward87 at 8:51 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Go to this website. Disregard all the ads and such. Look at the middle of the page. http://www.essortment.com/all/simplehomereme_tvgj.htm
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 8:51 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Aussie 3-Minute Miracle, if they still make it. But its not an at-home recipe.
    cheeseit

Answer by cheeseit at 8:52 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Hask's Henna and Placenta!! I know it sounds gross, but it is WONDERFUL for your hair!!! You can get it at any drugstore.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 8:54 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I covered my hair in mayo and wrapped it with a towel for about two hours... then washed it out... twice. Worked!!
    LeAnnMarii

Answer by LeAnnMarii at 9:05 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Olive oil and mayonaisse are just a bandaid. Try an intensive treatment that adds the proper balance of protien to moisture. If you don't have protien, you can't hold in moisture, if you don't have moisture you can't hold protien. Also, those oils are just coating the hair shaft, they aren't actually going inside each strand of hair to treat the real problem. I work with your hair type on a daily basis and have seen amazing things with hair that people thought were hopeless. I know it's not a home remedy, but it will work.. Look for a salon that does the Redken Chemistry Shot System, or try a Keratin treatment(not to be confused with Brazillian Blow out), both are really affordable and totally worth it.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:10 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• A good moisturizer (daily) and conditioner that doesn't weigh your hair down. Also drink plenty of water. And make sure the air in your home is not to dry. I have old school radiators and I have to keep a wet towel on a plate in the room so the air can take the moisture from the towel and not from me.
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 12:37 AM on Dec. 1, 2010