Has anyone ever taken Lovenox

Has anyone take Lovenox while pregnant to help with your pregnancy I have APS and they want me to take Lovenox daily to help keep my blood thinned so that i can carry the baby to term does it work I am worried about taking it and it not helping at all

Mom2UnbrnAngels

Asked by Mom2UnbrnAngels at 8:52 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• It is very effective when blood clotting issues are at play. You should expect good results if you are on it prior to conception. :) Good luck!
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 8:56 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• My SIL has to take it with everyone one of her pregnancies. That makes 6 now, yeah I know. It worked for her really well, but she didn't take pill form or nothing. She has daily injections that actually go straight in around her navel. I wonder if she has to have it that way or if she just didn't know about the pill form. Hmmmm! Either way, it worked for her. The only pregnancy she didn't take it with because the doctor decided she wouldn't need it, she had problems with the pregnancy, and my nephew was born with heart problems and epilepsy. Among other things he had to have open heart surgery at 4 days old. Not sure if it is directly associated with whatever she has, on top of the blood clots or not. We just never was told if the two were connected.
    ModernMommie

Answer by ModernMommie at 9:03 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I have Factor V Leiden, a blood clotting disorder. If your doctor prescribed Lovenox for a clotting disorder, TAKE IT! I had two miscarriages prior to being tested. Afterward, I was only prescribed baby aspirin to thin my blood while pregnant, but it worked. I had two babies after being treated and carried them both to term. If your blood clots during pregnancy, it can easily cause miscarriage and even stillbirth. I have a friend Kristen who also has Factor V and she had a stillbirth from it before being tested/treated. She was prescribed Heparin I believe instead of baby aspirin. We have different doctors. Don't take a chance. Administer it every single day (or as prescribed) to ensure a safe delivery and healthy pregnancy and baby! Feel free to message me if you want to.
    carol2m2

Answer by carol2m2 at 11:32 PM on Nov. 29, 2010