Are you a democrat, republican or independent?

And what is your education level and where are you from/where do you live?? What political party are/did your parents identify with? What do you do for a living?
Are you very political, as in are you passionate about your beliefs?

I'm curious as to what leads us to our political beliefs.
I know I tend to get passionate but this is really not to bash... I am really curious as to what leads to such different core values and beliefs.
BTW.. in case you don't already know... I'm a very left leaning Democrat with 3 (don't ask, it's complicated) conservative parents. I'm a single mom, an HR Director of a nonprofit and I'm currently seeking my master's degree. I was born and raised and currently live in Connecticut.

FeelinYummy

Asked by FeelinYummy at 8:57 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Very liberal democrat. Dad is a dem, mom doesn't belong to any party. I'm a single mom, working on my BS in child psych (a little late but better late than never, right?). I work for a non-profit organization as an advocate for children and adults with special needs.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 9:02 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I am a conservative productionist

Have a bac hin Criminal justice

Mother old school democrat (before the progressives took over) but she is 92 and doesn't quite realize her party was hijacked although she is figuring it out now.

Father was a republican business owner.

And I am VERY passionate about my beliefs. The social issues I pay little attention to. I don't care if gays marry. I don't like abortion but have enough sense to know it will never go away., It is a dead issue. I am not against gays in the military. these issues are not the issues that are going to take down the country.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:50 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I'm VERY conservative, but don't hold to any party.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 8:58 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I am not a party memeber, but sticking withDems and am very liberal.
    I have asociate degree in business, bankinh and foreign trade, but ended up being an artist as of now and hopefuly also in the future.
    BeaMoore

Answer by BeaMoore at 9:00 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Conservative/Libertarian
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:01 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Are you a democrat, republican or independent?
    I'm a libertarian (small-l), I'm registered Republican so that I can vote in the primaries, but I won't hesitate to vote 3rd party in the general election. I voted for Chuck Baldwin for President.

And what is your education level and where are you from/where do you live??
    Associates Degree and training from the US Air Force in medical lab technology. I live in NM.

What political party are/did your parents identify with?
    Both are Republican - my moms side are Democrats, my Dad side is Republican.

What do you do for a living?
    I'm a SAHM

Yup. I reserve the right to despise both side and I often do. I'll go after the right just as quickly as I will go after the left.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 9:05 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I am a registered Republican but my beliefs tend to sway more Libertarian (for those who don't know that is not the same as Liberal) these days. I am VERY passionate about my views and beliefs. I completed 2 years of college at a University and then went on to get specialized medical certifications. I worked in Hospitals-more specifically in ER's until I had my son and I am now a SAHM I have been married for just about 5 years. I was born and raised in Montana and now live in South Dakota. My parents are both Republicans.
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 9:07 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Independent, socially left but favor small governemnt and local control.

And what is your education level and where are you from/where do you live?? I have a BA in Political Science and a MS in Human Services. I am from the Detroit area.

What political party are/did your parents identify with? Democrats.

What do you do for a living? I work in family services...parenting and early childhood caregiving.

I am interested in politics and i enjoy discussing them but my beliefes...not so much. I am not a scream until i'm blue in the face kind of person, I actually like to hear other opinions and points of view, especially ones i disagree with.

UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 9:28 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I am from NC, I have two college degrees, am a SAHM and am very hard right wing conservative. I lean Libertarian on economic issues, Republican on social issues.

Answer by missanc at 9:56 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I have no clue what I am..... although I am asked often and am curious. I am pro life, anti war, anti guns, anti illegals, and think welfare/PA is necessary but needs monitoring and rules, regulations, etc.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 9:02 PM on Nov. 29, 2010