Obamacare

Do you actually know what changes have been made and know what this whole reform contains, that means have you read either whole or a summary of it?
Can you say what 2 or 3 good and bad things are in it?Also, can you tell are you liberal or conservative?

BeaMoore

Asked by BeaMoore at 9:04 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• The best thing in it is no more getting denied for pre-existing conditions

Here are many other benefits

http://www.whitehouse.gov/health-care-meeting/proposal/titlei/hardship

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:23 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I am aware of the changes read most of the bill unlike the people who voted for it. There are a few good things the rest is crap. I am a moderate.
    Anonymous

• Yes, I've read it, I"m still against it, not because I don't like Obama, because it's just not what this country needs. I'm a Conservative.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 9:42 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I like the changes. I agree with most of them. I think this country healthcare reform. About time.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:03 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I have looked it over. The three good things I like are that you can get it with pre existing conditions. The insurance companies are going to have to use 85% of your premium on actual health care. They can't kick you off of insurance because you get sick. The bad things are that most of it doesn't kick in until 2014. It's confusing and most people don't understand it, and they didn't go with the public option, I'm a liberal.

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 10:28 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Pre-existing conditions, keeping children on til 25 years old (for me that's wonderful so my son can attend college and work his tutoring jobs without being stressed over medical coverage). I don't believe any of the rest will affect me, I have great insurance with my long term job. I am moderate.
    Anonymous

• I HATE JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING IN THE BILL such as the taxes on small businesses, the mandate to buy health insurance and the fees. I HATE Obama trying to control Americans. I hate that my husband was told 2 weeks ago that due to the health care bill our out of pocket is doubling!!!

I do like the provisions for breastfeeding mothers.
    Anonymous

• Oh and I'm a conservative!!
    Anonymous

• I've read it, I don't think it actually goes far enough - I was hoping for universal or single payer health care but that unfortunately was not to be. Interestingly, what Obama put into effect was what the Republicans offered up during Hilary Clinton's attempt at healthcare reform. So all the hullaballo this past year was plain old silly. I'm a bleeding heart liberal.
    RedFaery

Answer by RedFaery at 2:19 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• It'll lead to rationing and would increase big government. America would continue on the slippery slope toward socialism.

I'm a proud Conservative.

SavageGrl

Answer by SavageGrl at 9:49 AM on Nov. 30, 2010