Person with the worst Thanksgiving story wins!

My sil came over and wanted to do something. I did not want her help. (she is a busy body) So any way she took over the stuffing and complained that the celery has "not a pleasant" smell. And continued to tell us (my daughter and I) how it is not that she doesn't like it. It is just not pleasant. So I told her don't bother with it. She then said she wasn't complaining.. Oh sure. She then told every one five different times how I just wouldn't drop it. Duh she wouldn't drop it.
Then after dinner she had to start complaining about how bad the coffee smells and how she hates the smell of coffee..She had to move three seats down because it was so bad... Sheesh....
So what is your story? Thanksgiving horror tell all...

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 9:11 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't think this is a competition that anyone WANTS to win, lol. I had a good Thanksgiving so sorry, I don't have any stories.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:12 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• My aunt furnished a turkey that she and her husband raised on their ranch. They killed it, she plucked it,and brought it a few days before. I cooked it, we cut into it, and they hadn't taken the craw out! It still had pieces of undigested corn, and animal feed, and it was GROSS!!! None of us could even look at it. Thank God my Granny had made a ham, or we'd of been out of luck.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 9:14 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I threw my back out the night before thanksgiving because of sex and during sex. My husband called for a ambulance and the cops arrested him. They thought he did it on purpose. So i had to go to the jail on thanksgiving and tell everyone about my sex life lol. I got him out though.
    mueller_amanda

Answer by mueller_amanda at 9:20 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Oh boy.........well this lovely Thankgiving, i woke up to NO WATER in my house. We're on a well and the temps have been below zero for a while now here. Turns out, my pipes out in the well house were frozen solid. So i had to put a space heater down there, cover everything with insulation and wait an hour or so before it thawed. I finally got to finish my pies and take a shower, get my kids all ready to go, pack my bags (i was staying overnight at my moms) and go to start the truck. DEAD BATTERY. Luckily, we have ranch Jeep and i brought it over and jump started my truck. I get going down the road on my hour and a half trip to Turkey Day dinner and my CHECK ENGINE LIGHT comes on. Fabulous... I drive by an AutoZone and a Checkers to see if they are open to read the code for me, but no such luck. So i missed dinner with my dad's side of the family, and made it just in time to have to warm up my plate at my Mom's fam's dinner!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 9:21 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I forgot to mention, my husband is working out of town, so i dealt with all that crap above on my own, with my two boys and five months pregnant! Fun huh! lol!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 9:22 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Sick, fever that will not go away, huge fight with mom, severely undercooked turkey, gas leak, burned out furnace, no heat for 2 days, culminating in a 6 hour trip to the ER to find I had pneumonia.

Yeah, I have had a crappy weekend :D Thanks for letting me know I am not the only one with a sucky Thanksgiving.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:37 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Well it's not a thanksgiving story, but it fell a day after thanksgiving.....oh, we didn't get to see my dads side of the family..we had a move and couldn't make it in....but my story is, we were sitting at the bank filling out a deposit slip and dh asked what the date was..not sure I looked at my phone and was like OMG!! happy anniversary babe....we didn't realize the date was nov 24...so yeah..thankfully we both forgot and didn't get mad at each other for it...and we still laugh about it...oh and the next day when we were having all of our stuff loaded on the moving truck I lost my wedding ring...
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 9:51 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• What do ya win??? Nah, really, I had a great Thanksgiving so I guess i'm out!! :P
    newmom28

Answer by newmom28 at 11:03 AM on Nov. 30, 2010