Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hearing problems in 6 yr old. Where should I take him?

The pediatrician did the basic tests and said he was a.o.k.
The ped also gave him the new improved eye test & said he was ok, but I have mommy intuition and took him to an opthamologist and discovered he has HORRIBLE vision.
Anyways, he's always saying "HUH?" and needing us to repeat ourselves. He says he can't hear the teacher well.
So do I go back to the ped? Or find an audiologist? Any advice?


Asked by Orionsgirl at 9:12 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Kids' Health

Level 31 (48,442 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (5)
  • I'd find a new pediatrician. And then work on finding a pediatric audiologist.

    Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:16 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

  • well I wouldnt take him back to the pedi if they said his vision and hearing was fine!

    Answer by momto_3 at 9:14 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

  • audiology they do better testing

    Answer by Claudiomom at 9:33 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

  • Get a second opinion.

    Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 10:18 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

  • Audiologist, in my opinion.

    Answer by Peajewel at 8:28 AM on Nov. 30, 2010