Maverick vs. Malachi

Okay..... It has to go with Elijah and Aniyah....Maverick doesn't but I love the name. Malachi does but people unfortunately think of children of the corn instead of the BIBLE. What do you guys think, what would u do?

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 9:18 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Baby Names

• When I think of malachi I think of the bible. Never seen children of the corn. I have a friend named malachi.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 9:21 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Sorry, but everytime I hear the name Malachi it reminds me of the movie children of the corn.
    Army108th

Answer by Army108th at 9:25 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I love Malachi and my first thought when I hear it is the Bible. Never saw Children of the Corn.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 9:31 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Tough decision, both are totally cute names. I personally like Malachi the most out of both of them, and it didn't make me think of children of the corn when I read your question.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 9:36 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• If the Children of the Corn refernce really bothers you, what about using a similar name instead? Melech is an OT name meaning "king" or Michaiah, meaning "who is like God?"

http://www.behindthename.com/name/melech
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 9:42 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Malachi sounds gay to me, and Maverick sounds too over the top & cheesy. I'm sorry, don't mean to be a b___h but you asked for opinions, right?
    Anonymous

• It doesnt really bother me. :o)
    AshJoe05

Comment by AshJoe05 (original poster) at 9:43 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I thought Malachi was Jewish, like Mordecai... goes to show what I know. I don't know Children of the Corn at all...

I don't think Malachi works with Elijah, they're too close to rhyming. I can't imagine how to pronounce Aniyah, but it's also very like Elijah... The three of them in a row would be odd.

Which order were you thinking?

LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 9:46 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I love Maverick, but I agree, it doesn't really go well with Elijah and Aniyah
    I don't like Malachi, but it does go with your other 2 children's names.

What about
    Malach? (like Malachi but without the "I"... Mal-ack) it means "Angel"
    Malkiah (Mal-ki-ah)
    Micha
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:26 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I have a friend who named her son Malachi (sp) Orion I think its cute.
    I also have a friend named Malek (mal-ick) similar
    I have a cousin named Mykka pronounced My-kah. Just some suggestions for similar names that you might like. good luck with naming your precious new one :)
    coolassmom87

Answer by coolassmom87 at 12:40 AM on Nov. 30, 2010