what can a dentist do when your prego, or some way to stop the PAIN

i'm 3 and a half months pregnant, before we got prego i was goin to get every thing set up on our dental and then take me and my 2 y/o in. he needs a check up and i need major major surgery on my wisdom teeth. they came in impacted and rapped all around some major nerve that controls one hole side of my body. well one of them started pushing really heart in to another tooth and cracked it at the bass and is now pushing it apart. the one that is broken at the base then started pushing on to a the next one and started to brake peaces off it. thing is it was bad before i got prego and we didn't have the money to fix it tell now.
thing is i have been living with the pain up tell now. but its to the point that i just cant handle it any more. but what can the dentist really do if anything, or what can i do to take to make the PAIN STOP.

Manda_Evans

Asked by Manda_Evans at 9:26 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• How far along are you in your pregnancy? They can usually do something is your second or third tri,, Alot of the equiment has been updated so there isn't lots of radiation like back in the days. They could probably just numb your mouth and remove the tooth til your able to do surgery .. Call and ask
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 9:28 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• they may still be able to remove your wisdom teeth just differently then they would if you were not preggo. Tooth pain is serious stuff, it can become infected call your dentist momma!
    82ndairbornewif

Answer by 82ndairbornewif at 9:29 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I've had probes all my live with my teeth i didn't get my baby teeth in tell 7 and then didn't lose over half them and i still have them. the wisdom teeth are rapped around a nerve that if pulled can paralyze me for the rest of my life.
    Manda_Evans

Comment by Manda_Evans (original poster) at 9:32 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Iknow when I was pregnant with my daughter 3 yrs ago, I needed my wisdom teeth pulled and NOBODY would touch me because I was pregnant. They gave me all the same bababa. warm salt water, tooth numbing medicine and tylenol. It wasnt till after I gave birth that they had to cut out my wisdom teeth. I wish you the best of luck.

I totally understand your pain. Congrats on the baby

TLW514

Answer by TLW514 at 9:37 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Defiantely call and talk to your dentist asap....there's got to be something they can do. At least to prevent any further damage til they can do something. I had dental work done in both my 2nd & 3rd trimesters....I dont know about any earlier than that. Good luck to you and hope you get some relief!!! I feel for ya! =(
    mommy_bink

Answer by mommy_bink at 9:39 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Oh, tooth pain is awful. Call your dentist, there has to be something they can do.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 9:48 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• the dentist can do everything he could do if you werent pregnant. call your ob and ask for the dental permision sheet and call your dentist to make the appointment, i actually had a tooth pulled about amonth ago and i am 6 months pregnant. i had an x ray a nd everything. they just cover you well and i believe they even use the same pain meds.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 11:40 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I was 13 weeks and had 3 teeth pulled one of them being my wisdom tooth. u have to get prior authorization from ur ob and a note saying its ok tho. my ob said as long as ur in ur 2nd trimester its ok
    TatymMommi

Answer by TatymMommi at 2:53 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• they can do it all while you are pregnant I am 20 weeks and had normal novicane to numb me for fillings and all that good stuff like x rays, but i never had problem with my wisdom teeth they grew in years ago and i will never have to get them pulled because i had molars pulled in the past because my mom could not afford root canals and this was way before my hubby joined the army. I was in high school at the time. they say is better to go to the dentist during the second trimester . i go to the one on post smile care
    eleinaa

Answer by eleinaa at 4:15 PM on Nov. 30, 2010