My 6yr old was hurt at school today

I picked up my kid at school today to find out he hurt his neck at school.
He said he moved it wrong and now it hurts...well then later he said his friend "chopped him" in the neck showing him karate moves. He said he didn't want to tell the teacher because she hates tattle tales.
Well I know the teacher well enough to call her at home so I did and told her what I found out and we talked about things and came up with ideas on how to change things.
After I told my son I talked to his teacher he said it never happened and he really hurt his own neck. Do I just let the situation unfold and see what happens? What would you do?

alotleft2do

Asked by alotleft2do at 9:32 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• NO, calll her back what if she punishes the other kid, apoligize and tell her truth don't let that kid get a bad wrap for something he had nothing to do with
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 9:37 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• When my DD tells me someone had does something at school I tell the teacher this is what I was told I trust the teacher to handle the situation - I would let her know that your son has retracted what he said earlier and I am sure the teacher will know how to handle the situation. I also would not call a teacher even if I knew her personally at home for this reason, I am sure this is her down time.
    daisysrdeadly

Answer by daisysrdeadly at 9:43 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I would call her back and tell her that your son recanted his story, but you would still like her to talk to the whole class about keeping their hands to themselves.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:43 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• It sounds like you did what you should have, since your son doesn't want to make a big deal about this I encourage you to do that also. Bigger battles ahead.
    kbakeman

Answer by kbakeman at 9:56 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• He probable retracted his story so that his friend wouldn't get into trouble at school. What he told you first was probable the truth. You were right in telling the teacher but I would have waited until tomorrow morning.
    pbilotti

Answer by pbilotti at 10:12 PM on Nov. 29, 2010