Labor second time around.

Sorry for so many questions. CM is telling me to ask questions, LoL!

-------------------------------------------------

I've always heard the subsequent labors are usually easier than before. Has this been your experience? If so, I should have a pretty easy labor this time round. My first labor only lasted 2 hrs and 13 mins. Practically pain free, only felt like one contraction. With NO pain meds, nothing. I went completely natural. I had to have oxygen just before my DD was born, maybe for 5 mins tops. I did need 5 stitches, but other than that it was pretty easy. I was out of the labor and delivery room and into my own PP room within 5 hrs of my labor beginning.
Should I still expect the worse and hope for the best? Or just take it as it goes?

ModernMommie

Asked by ModernMommie at 9:43 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• There's a chance it could be completely opposite - but in my experience the second labor was even faster and smoother. I also had a short labor both times.
    DazzlednSeattle

Answer by DazzlednSeattle at 9:46 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I have heard that too. Mine ,however, was easier the 2nd time around.
    mommy_bink

Answer by mommy_bink at 9:46 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I would take it as it goes all deliveries are different My first was 4 hours and my 2nd was about a 1 1/2 hours luckily I live 5 minutes from the hospital, :) Congrats & Good Luck
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:47 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• my first labor was 12 hours total and my second was only 6! I actually never pushed with the second one...the dr came in to check to see if I was dilated enough to push and she was like...OMG, the baby is already coming out! It was much easier the second time around for me! I wish you the best!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 9:48 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Hehe! Sounds promising. It might be weird as has been pointed out to me before, but I actually enjoyed my pregnancy (with just a few bumps along the way) and the labor and delivery experience. And I am excited to experience it again. Maybe because I tried to long and hard to concieve my daughter. This time around was complete surprise (Guess the condom didnt work, idk) but I'm still just as excited.

Thank you for the answers.
    ModernMommie

Comment by ModernMommie (original poster) at 9:54 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• mine were exactly the same. Started the same, ended the same. The only difference was I was more prepared for the second. I was in labor for about the same amount of time and pushed less than 5 minutes with both....the first took a little longer, but we were waiting on the doctor to get dressed!!! They was not expecting that! LOL
    ambernicole531

Answer by ambernicole531 at 9:55 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• My second one was longer. I had a few hours of easy contractions then my water broke and I only had intense contractions for an hour. The doc was 5 min late for delivery and I tore. My first was only 2 hours long and it was not bad. The second one wasn't any worse but it also wasn't any better.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 10:05 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Second labor was faster by about half the time, but it wasn't easier. With my first, I was in labor about 17 hours, and only 9 hours with 2nd....but with my first I got an epidural and it actually worked. I felt pressure, but no pain. I don't know what happened the 2nd time around, but right before it became time to push I started feeling REALLY bad contractions. I asked for more meds for my epidural, but my nurse told me it was too late, that it was time to push. And I felt EVERYTHING! Lol...but I'm actually glad I did.
    HaydensMama07

Answer by HaydensMama07 at 10:25 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I have 5 kids and my 2nd labor was my hardest. Every experiance is diffrent. With my 3,4&5 I barely made it to the hospital. So I think that it's what ever the baby and your body decide. I also went natural with all of them..nothing for pain at all!
    mommyrocks5

Answer by mommyrocks5 at 10:29 PM on Nov. 29, 2010