Does your Dog chew on your undies?

We have had our dog now for about 5 months he is 11 months old and he likes to chew on my undies, cloths, and a few pair of my shoes! I was upset about my shoes! Did not know about the undies until tonight my husband told me he found a pair of undies in his bed all chewed up. I read that it is just the dog showing you that they love you! So does anyone else have this crazy undies eating going on with there dog?

jem102675

Asked by jem102675 at 9:56 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Pets

• One of the funniest memories I have as a kid has to do with a crazy undies eating dog. We had a pomerainan and he LOVED undies. One day my sister yells..."Mom! Biscuit has my underwear!" My mom, so fed up with that damn dog and his underwear fetish runs out of the bathroom wearing only her pants and a bra, with a towel on her head, tries to grab the underwear from the dog and he hides under the bed, she yanked the mattress off the bed and he ran behind the couch. She is getting madder and madder, every time she thinks she has him trapped he got away. Finally she gets the underwear in her hand and keeps trying to smack him with the underwear, but he ran out the dog door. She was so wound up she ran out after him yelling. She came to her senses and realized that the whole neighborhood was staring at her with no shirt on.
    I still laugh when I think about her face, so embarrassed, her hair all wild and the dog that got away :D
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:04 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Yeah a lot of dogs do this the best thing to do is to keep the underwear to where the dog cannot get a hold of them its the only method that worked for me.
    bhoward87

Answer by bhoward87 at 10:05 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Yeah mine chewed up a pair a few months ago... and crap, just saw she grabbed a pair and is chewing up now! Ugh!
    Anonymous

• We have 3 dogs, and none of them chew on anything... Just their sirloin bones. Never heard of dogs doing things like that out of love, however I have heard of them doing it out of wanting attention, or just a habit..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:59 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• eww lol no, my the only thing my dog gets into is dirty wash cloths, if i forget to shut the bathroom door all the way, she'll get them out of the hamper but that's all she ever got into
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:01 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Sorry, but I started laughing hysterically at this. To answer your question.....YES! I thought it was just my dog being a weirdo. I got him at 6 months old and he started it immediatly. When I first caught him, I was really upset with him and kept my closet door shut from then on. I had no idea it was a sign of affection! LMAO
    mommy_bink

Answer by mommy_bink at 10:01 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• my mom had 2 mail dogs that use to do that and get into the trash too and get pads out and chew them up it is gross lol. We have a male dog and he has never gotten into the bathroom trash and he doesnot chew up undies either
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:05 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• ohhhhh LOL my dog does that too!! drives me craaazy!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 10:49 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• My family keeps all of our personal items picked up, so none of our dogs have ever chewed up anything they weren't supposed to.
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 9:19 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Both our dogs have had the undie eating experience, but it didn't last long.
    MrsJStearns

Answer by MrsJStearns at 12:56 PM on Nov. 30, 2010