If you child has allergy issues...

do they get a bad cough with it? Our daughter does and we have tried all kinds of prescription medicines, but nothing really works well. I don't want to keep her on couch syrup all the time, but she coughs so much at night it makes her abs hurt. It's been like this for years. Any suggestions?

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 10:03 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Health

• yep! both my kids take bromfed (prescription) when the mucinex stops working
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:05 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Yes, my daughter used to get a terrible cough when she had allergies. I would definately try a humidifier. Have you tried eliminating the chemicals in your home? When we switched all of our products to safe natural products it pretty much got rid of the allergy issues. It has also gotten rid of mine and my daughters eczema. It you'd like more information about getting rid of the harmful chemicals in your home, visit http://switchingstores.com/lovingeveryminute
    Hannah Mayr
    HannahMayr

Answer by HannahMayr at 12:49 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• i would try a humidifier by her bed.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 11:36 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• HannahMayr seems to have great answers. I hope this helps you. I don't have any answers but will give you a bump.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 9:14 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• If you use a humidifier make sure you clean it often they can breed bacteria.
    pbilotti

Answer by pbilotti at 9:17 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• we do the mucinex and thats wonderful - but I would talk to the dr, it depends on the childs age
    Tonesgirl

Answer by Tonesgirl at 9:18 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• my son does...before i got him into see the allergy doctor he stayed on cough syrup..now i hardley ever give him any. He gets 3 shots a week and has to use an inhaler twice a day. He hasnt had an allergy attack yet. Last year we were in the ER 4 times because of his cough. (bronchitis).... He did get a small cough earlier this spring but as soon as i noticed i took him straight to the allergy doctor and she gave him some meds to stop it right away. i love her.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:20 AM on Nov. 30, 2010