anyone have a kid that has an imaginary friend?

my 3 year old does. I will often hear her having full on conversations.

stressedmomma13

Asked by stressedmomma13 at 10:13 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• my kid has a million, and refers to them as "all my friends"
    bingbong

Answer by bingbong at 10:18 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Yep, he has one awhile back but friend went away when he was introduced to playdates with real friends and..............at almost 5 yrs old he now has a couple imaginary friends, I believe this time its because he is similar boredom as we recently have moved out of state and he doesn't know anyone except adults right now. Not a big deal, just a great imagination added to some boredom .
    kingkongsmom

Answer by kingkongsmom at 10:19 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• My 5 yo has his "ant buddies", there are 3 of them and he has had them since he was about 3. He loves talking about what his ant buddies are doing.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:26 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• My oldest had an imaginary friend named Charley. He talked about Charley ALL the time. "Mom...Charley needs a plate of dinner. Mom...Charley needs his seatbelt buckled. Mom...Charley needs a goodnight kiss too."

Anytime he was especially lonely, Charley came to visit. Finally when he was 6 and stopped talking about Charley I asked where he was and he said "Charley went away to college Mom." And that was it, no more Charley.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:36 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• i personally believe that kids have a hightened sense of the paranormal, and that much of what parents regaurd as "imaginary friends" are probably spirits. i can clearly remmeber my "imaginary friend" Nanny, and i dont believe she was imaginary. my daughter had one named "baby boy" and this gave me chills because my nephew caleb and my daughter lilly were born 4 days apart and caleb passed away due to complications of a heart surgery, it always made me think that lillys "baby boy" was caleb.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 11:13 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• All four of my kids did! Some had more than one! My youngest daughter even named her feet and talked to them like they were "friends". Nothing to worry about, it'll stop when it's served it's purpose.
    raynestar

Answer by raynestar at 1:14 AM on Nov. 30, 2010