Do you think it's hypocritical to bash someone for going anon, but then use the vote down button? Isn' t that just as anonymous?

I get it, if you vote them down and tell them why. But I find it rediculous that the same people who put down others for posting anon have no problem anonymously voting down others for what ever reason. It's just silly.

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 10:23 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I agree, if you ask for advise and you dislike that advise then say thanks and move on. Why hide behind an anon and vote down...Some people enjoy the drama and maybe don't know how to debate.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 10:46 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I would use the vote down even if it wasn't anon
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:27 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• yep, its ridiculous as heck.
    kingkongsmom

Answer by kingkongsmom at 10:24 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I'm totally with you...I speak my mind...as you very well know but I don't hide my ID and I don't do vote downs.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 10:40 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I must be the only person not that bothered by the voting up and down. To me it's the least offensive because it's just a little thumb in the corner, but I realize that people take it very seriously.This one lady said" she didn't mind people calling her names or bashing her but she was pissed that people were voting down other people who answered her question that she agreed with." I dont think people should be putting people down for being ann,  but how do you know that the same people who are complaining about people being ann are the same people voting down. I can care less about the ann, but I do vote down sometimes and because someone else either said my point or the responses are getting really long I dont always write why I voted down.

Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 10:44 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I've posted anon if I was embarrassed, or by accident. I really don't care who votes my answers up or down. People vote down if they don't like it, or some times just because. I vote down if some one is being really hateful, didn't read the question, etc.
    Mrs.B3

Answer by Mrs.B3 at 10:55 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I agree and here's a bump. LOL
    SavageGrl

Answer by SavageGrl at 10:58 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• The same for vote ups too! Unless you go hunting around you really don't know who agrees with what.
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 10:25 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• hahaha I voted you up. :)
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 10:26 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I agree, I don't care who knows if I like the answer or not to be honest. I just find it interesting that people bash anon, but the feature is anon. Why not just share why you disagree? It just seems more interesting I guess. Ahhh, well, what can I say, I like a good debate. Not bashing, debate. wink wink!
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 10:30 PM on Nov. 29, 2010