Does anyone feel like they are the only one that says....

My husband and I have been together for almost 15 years married for 6, and we have agreat relationship...but I feel like when we do get into a argument or have adisagreement about something I am the only one who ever says I'm sorry. Even if I am right. I am one of thse who feels that you can have a disagreement or a argument and when it's done...it's done...! He hangs on to things for a long time, and is very stubborn. So, he makes me feel really aweful (gives me the silent treatment and won't even look at me), sometimes over the silliest of things.

Uuuugh....so FRUSTRATING!

mommyrocks5

Asked by mommyrocks5 at 10:24 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• My hubby is the same way!! He NEVER EVER says he's sorry and if he does, he re-words it like "I'm sorry you feel that way" - NOT "I'm sorry I hurt your feelings"... not very satisfying at ALL. He doesn't give me the siletn treatment though.... he just leaves if he hits his hot point. I kind of like it that way. :) Go - get da f*&k outta here, that's how I feel at that point. :D I feel ya, mama... it's not right that you say you're sorry even if you're right though - you gotta stop doing that & stand your ground. It'll work out.
    BTW I've also been w/ my hubby 19 yrs and we had our 7th anniversary in Sept. Our lives are almost parallel. :)
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 10:46 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Yes I can see how frustrating it can be! We have an agreement here in our home that we are allowed to agree to disagree! We very rarely argue!
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 10:26 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Join the club. I'm always apologizing to me SO...ALWAYS! He never sees it though. When I bring it to his attention he laughs and says "no you dont always say sorry". Now unless I feel like it's really petty I dont if I'm not wrong. It's time he sees his faults as well.

Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 10:29 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I have that same problem sometimes. And I definitely agree it is VERY frustrating. I have just learned to just try and stay positive and happy and just let things go even if dh wants to dwell on things or give me the silent treatment or put me on a guilt trip.
    dohrmom_2010

Answer by dohrmom_2010 at 10:29 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• We've been married for 16 years and sometimes go thru the same thing. Men aren't as fast at letting go of things as you already know. When he's in a stubborn mood I sometimes will make us a snack or do something small to ease the tension and open up communication. Once he's relaxed we talk things out and see each others point of view. If he really ticks me off he trys the same things when I give the silent treatment. But it took a while for him to learn how to admit when he had pushed a little to much. Try the tension breaker and hopefully he can learn from you how to open the lines of communication and soon hopefully you'll be laughing as we do after arguments or maybe even more.....
    suelo74

Answer by suelo74 at 10:33 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• yes that is how it is for us. We have a wonderful marriage but I can only remember my husband REALLY saying sorry to me once or twice. I blame his upbringing, his mother to this day won't apologize for ANYTHING and their parents never said sorry to their kids for anything. At this point I am just happy when I can tell that he is sorry. I love him enough and hope that one day he will learn from me that saying sorry is the right thing to do, plus it makes me feel better when I say sorry after hurting my husband or doing something wrong.
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 10:45 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Something about men and the word "sorry" which doesn't go together
    Puregirl

Answer by Puregirl at 10:58 PM on Nov. 29, 2010