how to prepare other kids for a new baby?

kids aging from 15yr old to 2yr old. kids that are used to all of the attention.

lucasmommy503

Asked by lucasmommy503 at 10:24 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• Best thing I know is to ensure the others feel an important part of engaging with and celebrating a new member and though new one will take alot of mom's time, others can help by getting things for mom/baby and by teaching baby things later on and one day the baby will become the elder siblings helper,............
    kingkongsmom

Answer by kingkongsmom at 10:28 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I can't speak for the 15 yr old, but I have a 2 1/2 yr old and I bought her some books - "Baby on the Way" and "I'm a Big Sister" - they are her FAVORITE books right now. My friend also had gotten us "God Gave Us You" which has polar bears & the mama bear talks about her belly growing - that's a favorite right now too. I talk all the time with her about her little sister in my belly, like "What do you think baby sister wants to eat?" and stuff like that... she is PUMPED UP. She even tries sharing everything she has with her little sister by trying to cram it in my bellybutton. :D Pennies, Cheetos, grapes.... whatever she might have at the time. It's hilarious. BTW I'm 28 weeks and I shared the news with her when my belly started to get a tiny bit big.
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 10:29 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Thanks moms. this is my first but we have nieces and nephews that stay with us constantly and my husband 3 children from his first marriage. in total the new baby come may will make 8. and its the older ones that demand attention.
    lucasmommy503

Comment by lucasmommy503 (original poster) at 10:33 PM on Nov. 29, 2010