Am I wrong?

Okay, so my daughter was created out of a friendhip that should've never went that far. Her dad ended up just leaving me, belly full of baby, and never returned my phone calls. His sister is a "Minister" and she and I never met, she seemed like the judging type. Well, she invites me and her"neice" over to her's son's birthday party and mind you all this is my first time ever hanging out at her home. She didn't know me, nor I her. Well my daughter, her neice at the time was only a few months old. During the party, I would try to put my daughter down and she would cry, and I was getting a little upset but not out of the normal when a baby cries over not being able to be in your arms. Now while she's crying, her aunt walks by and says, "Don't be hurting my baby now, you know I got a friend that works with CPS" and she chuckles and kept on walking. A BIG part of me wanted to run out of her home, but I let it in one and out the other.

Am I wrong for feeling like she was out of place with her saying that in front of the whole party? Especially since she's a "Christian"?

Bumble_She

Asked by Bumble_She at 10:44 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• Christian or not, it was wrong.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 10:46 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• You are not wrong. She is wrong for not knowing all the facts first.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 10:47 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I have many family members who say stuff like that jokingly. Since you don't really know her and aren't used to her humor or attitudes, you may have just taken her too seriously.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 10:48 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Agreed, it doesn't matter what religion she is, what she said is wrong. I would honestly just never do anything with her again if that is how she is going to behave during the "first" meeting how is she going to act once she gets more comfortable around you. That was a little red flag/glimps of her true colors.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 10:48 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• You're not wrong. It obviously offended you. I dont thing the fact she is a Christian has anything to do with it, even some Christians aren't that tactful. It seems like she was joking but she could have calmed it down a bit, after just meeting you she didn't have to go that far.

Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 10:50 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Oh my GOD!!! What was she thinking?? What a horrible thing to do to a new mama - I'm so sorry this happened...
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 10:50 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• She isnt funny and find alot of weird things funny, I wouldnt go back there.
    kingkongsmom

Answer by kingkongsmom at 10:50 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I would say she was out of line to say something like that - it was unnecessary and rude as well. I might not pursue friendship with someone who appears to be so critical early on (especially someone you don't have much relationship with).
    RedFaery

Answer by RedFaery at 10:50 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Too many people take 'Christian' as sinfree. Sorry to burst that bubble bugt every Christian knows that we strive to be sin free but will never achieve it.

As for what she said, she could just have been making a bad joke when you 2 didn't know each other very well. Me, I probably would have called her on it for sticking her nose in where it didn't belong.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:51 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I wouldn't go back there. Ever.
    Mamie_85

Answer by Mamie_85 at 10:55 PM on Nov. 29, 2010