Can we stop now?

This is mostly pointed to Christians but anyone can comment and hopefully I can word this in such a way the responses will be respectful. Ok.. McCain did not win. Our new president is Barack Obama... can we stop calling him and asking if he's the anti-christ? Can we stop bashing him? Can we do what the bible calls us as believers to do and pray for him? How can we show Christ's love if we are disobeying the bible and being disrespectful to our new president? And if your wondering.. no I did not vote for him but I will respect and pray for him.

bonn777

Asked by bonn777 at 4:26 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• You're absolutely right, I didn't vote for him either but I will continue to pray for him. I think we can all agree this country is in dire need of prayer right now more than ever.
    jojo13

Answer by jojo13 at 4:29 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I am hoping the religous views about obama can go to the religous section of CM. I have nothing against it but I dont want to read the "end of the world" crap
    I am an optomist not a pesimist like those ppl seem to be
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 4:29 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• i agree with you 100 %..... the bible says do not judge and those who are claiming him as the anti christ are judging......
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 4:29 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• bonn, once again, you and i don't agree on everything but thank you very much for posting this!
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 4:34 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• We should remember Senator McCain's concession speech. He was very gracious and supportive of President Elect Obama. He promised to work with Obama in the coming years in Washington. Said it was a good fight but the American people clearly spoke of the change they want.

We should remember that very well done and well delivered speech. I hope all Americans can follow Senator McCain's lead.  I did not vote for him but I respect the man he is and the things he has done in service to this country.  To continue to bicker about Obama as president is casting doubt and disrespect on the great American Senator McCain is.

Madge1428

Answer by Madge1428 at 4:52 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• President Obama, is an american citizen and also he is a christian. there are people who are going to dislike him regardless of what he does but that's ignorance in my opinion and i have no time for that. I am ready for this country to be THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA......YES WE CAN
    DeltaDawn123

Answer by DeltaDawn123 at 5:06 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I'm afraid too many things point in that direction, especially now that he won, to cause people to continue to believe that. The question will be asked for many many years.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 6:56 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• We do not have a new president. We will not until January 20th, 2009. Our president is still George Bush!
    Anonymous

• Maybe when people stop calling him the "messiah" others will stop calling him the "anti-christ." He has a God-complex so the terminology follows
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Nov. 6, 2008