What was the worst Christmas gift you have received?

Mine was a polka dot silk blouse my MIL bought me (Go Figure)

tracylyn245

Asked by tracylyn245 at 10:47 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Holidays

• my mom when i was younger put a HUGE box under the tree that had my name on it. on xmas eve i was allowed to open one gift and of course it was that one...i was so excited but when i opened it it had a small pack of gum....worst gift ever!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 10:51 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• From my SIL, I had just found out I was pregnant and didn't know if I'd be able to carry the baby or not, we had drawn names and she got ME a baby blanket (not the baby a separate gift, but for my gift!) - very ugly and rough to the touch, with no tags on it or anything...
    Miracle_pg

Answer by Miracle_pg at 11:51 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• A few years ago, my MIL got a fur coat that she was sooo proud of, so I ofcourse complimented her on it. My husband (boyfriend at the time) then started making a big deal about what he got me, I thought he was gonna propose.....but no, he got me a fur coat, just like my MIL's.....it was a nice thought, BUT we live on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, and it rarely gets cold enough for a fur coat. I havent worn it in years. I was pretty disappointed. lol.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 12:05 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• dollar store perfume
    mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 1:07 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• My mom once got me a pr. of Holiday socks and she bought me kid's size. I couldn't wear them, and i went to exchange them for a adult pr. since that is all mom got me for christmas that yr. but when i took them back to store and they scanned it, all they would allow for them was $1.46, since it was a holiday item. I just told them i would keep the socks and regift them to my stepgranddaughter.
    Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 6:22 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I was 12 and had decided to be less subtle about my gift wishes. So I started listening to Chopin, did finger exercises on the counters, mentioned elephants and the ivory trade, rented books on beginner piano playing, asked to go into every music store we went by, studied the boards for rental instruments & part time tutors, did a spreadsheet on paid chores & babysitting gigs to show potential income. I did this for four months.
    At one point in this four months I stopped to stare at a Lisa Frank stationary supply display in the drug store and touched the crazy colored erasers.
    That holiday I got over $50's worth of the pens, pencils & erasers along with a book on the history of the elephant Ivory Trade.
    My mom noticed my disappointment and when I told her why she said I was being too obvious about it, which meant I didn't want [piano lessons] but something else.

elizabooks

Answer by elizabooks at 9:45 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• My now ex sister in law gave me a small box of wood matches. When I asked her what I was suppose to do with them, she said whatever. So I sat and stuck the matches one at a time in her living room while everyone was opening presents and let them burn down and then tossed each one into the fireplace. Halfway through the smoke alarms went off - boy was she mad. She didn't even appreciate the fact that I used and enjoyed the gift she gave me.

emerald53197

Answer by emerald53197 at 9:56 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I never even thought about it.....When I was young I was Glad to
    get anything. Some christmas I did't get anything. I just try to remember
    the years I did Have something nice.. Its the thought that
    counts
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 10:53 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Well I would have to say shoes. My feet are small but wide and hard to find something that fits. Let alone fits, and looks good. And still a very dear person bought me shoes, twice! I will never understand why she thought she could do a better job without my feet there than what I can do with my feet along for the trying on process. Perhaps I should be thankful that she never bought me a bra?wink mini

LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 11:14 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Hot pink argyle sweater. yikes!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:57 AM on Dec. 1, 2010