Do I tell my 8 yr old DD there is no Santa?

A kid she was playing with told her Santa isn't real. Should I go ahead and tell her the truth or keep her thinking Santa is real? I want to keep her young minded as long as I can, but hate lying to her b/c now she is watching and questioning everything.

BusyMom2Alyssa

Asked by BusyMom2Alyssa at 10:52 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Holidays

• My advise would be to wait until after Christmas, she is at an age where she is going to find out soon anyway but at least give her one last magical Christmas.
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 11:16 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• that's up to you, I taught my child to see santa as Jesus' helper, Sant isnt a real person but, he teaches us and reminds us to be good, kind, share,........ Santa is a reminder ( cause he is everywhere reminding us all to shop, give and are we naughty or nice), I started from day one he was old enough to ask, reconize santa,............. so at 5 almost he gets it already, the dilemma is trying to get him to not tell others santa isnt real.
    kingkongsmom

Answer by kingkongsmom at 11:00 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• when my daughters friend told her (shes almost 9) she investigated. santa braught her a bike and she compared the handwriting to the other gifts and then came to me saying that she knew i was santa because there was no way me and santa had the same handwriting. i laughed and just told her not to tell her sisters.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 10:56 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• hahaha thats how i figured out there was no santa too!
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 11:00 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• LOL she is watching EVERYTHING I do online. She was questioning why I was on walmart.com and why I was looking at toys. I'll have to have my husband write her name on her gifts this year. Or better yet a coworker! Thanks Cassie!!
    BusyMom2Alyssa

Comment by BusyMom2Alyssa (original poster) at 11:00 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I agree Ashley. I think I will do that. Thanks ladies for all your advise!!!
    BusyMom2Alyssa

Comment by BusyMom2Alyssa (original poster) at 11:19 PM on Nov. 29, 2010