Why are people always saying she's/he's suppose to be a christian?

Christians are no different than other people. We are not perfect by a long shot! We make mistakes in life, get angry, sin, and everything else like everybody else. The only difference is that at night we pray and admit to our faults, sins and ask God to forgive us. We talk to him on the regular to build our relationship as we do our earthly parents.We also ask him to help us be better people and to help us love thy neighbor. We try to live by the 10 commandments but also fall on our faces due to sin because no one is perfect. But we get up ask for forgiveness and keep going. If you believe in GOD and that he sent Jesus to die for our sins so we may have eternal life then your a Christian as well, you just haven't confessed with your mouth. Don't let stereo types that christians are perfect keep you from GOD. He loves us all the same saved or not and he's just waiting for you to come to him.

suelo74

Asked by suelo74 at 11:10 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• you rock

Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:14 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I think the reason this is, (also you never hear people saying, "She's.He's supposed to be a Jew"), because in my opinion, there is a lot of hypocrisy in certain Christian sects of the faith.

I find many Christians will judge others without mercy, but then if they mess up, it's ok....because they are forgiven. God said that if we judge others, we will be judged the same way we judge them. Also, in the Christian faith, we will never be perfect but I do believe there was a bible verse that stated "Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect." Matthew 5, something. So I think that in Christianity there are higher expectations of behaviors that should be followed.

twinkletoes0408

Answer by twinkletoes0408 at 11:16 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Actually ... If you have excepted Jesus Christ into your heart you have been made perfect because HE is perfect! You are the righteousness of God because He is righteous. You are no longer a sinner but a saint , a Friend and not a servant . Because of His death on the Cross we no longer have a sinners life but a life of royalty ! This is where Christians miss it... this does not mean we do not sin, it just means we are not bound by it because JESUS already took care of it on the Cross. He forgave us past present and future.... Yes we ask for forgiveness but we need to walk away KNOWING we are forgiven because HE already took care of it! It is FINISHED DONE FIN !
    Why do people say we are supposed to be Christian are judging the times we fall but God looks at the heart of man( woman) as sees something totally different! Why ? How? Because HE IS LOVE and He is INSIDE of us so LOVE flows but not every Christian cont.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:17 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• has grasped this message yet. What they are not seeing when they say that is the Love we have for one another and for Christ. They can't until their eyes are unveiled to be able to see His truth and love !
    :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:18 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• UGH I mean accepted wow whats wrong with my vocab/ typing today haha
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:19 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Yep we all make mistakes and the people who are pointing out "christian" behaviors are making divisions also. Go take a look at the Jesus-idol question. But I have to admit one thing, IRL I always get comments about my good behavior because I am christian but I am far from perfect.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 9:15 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I think it has to do with the fact that if we're going to call ourselves Christians we're obligated in trying to work towards the ideal that Christianity stands for. Sure, we're not perfect, but we are supposed to make a conscious effort to live and act a certain way. There's no point in associating without any follow through. And there are many who do just claim the title and use it to justify their own prejudices or behaviors, without trying to live up to what Jesus calls us to do or be. Its in that, the hypocrisy of claiming the title without striving to work towards what it means or projects, that bothers people. If you're supposed to be a Christian you should know more than anyone, for example, that you are to act with love and kindness (general you, lol), and therefore should try to do so, instead of acting with judgment or prejudice, etc. Its about knowing right and not doing it, or making an effort, that bothers ppl..
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:00 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Amen sister! I really dislike the phrase, "that's not very Christian of you/him/her." We do make mistakes because we are human. However, we are also the daughters, and sons, of the Father and we walk in Grace and Love. We are fogiven of our sin and our faults. We struggle to turn away and it's a process, just like everything. Sinful nature comes naturally and so many have been accustomed to something for so long it's really hard to overcome, just like an addiction. However, God's is our strength and our refuge and we will overcome all sin and are righteous in the eyes of God! I don't worry about what the unsaved say about me because I know that I'm forgiven and I am free!!
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 10:18 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• bow down

SavageGrl

Answer by SavageGrl at 11:55 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• its not the mistakes that make ppl say that...its the bad attitude or constant hateful behavior from a Christian that gets that response. i rarely think that about someone who has made a mistake, but rather someone who is talking bad about non-Christians yet they are living a life that is so sinful you wonder if they really are Christian. its the hypocritical Christians that evoke that kinda response, not those who have a few skeletons in their closets.

we should strive to be our best, even tho we know we will fail on occasion. choosing to live a life full of sin (especially while calling others out on their sins) is not what Christ intended...and it gives non-Christians fuel to question Christianities teachings.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:58 AM on Nov. 30, 2010