contractions?

i am 2 days shy of being 38 weeks pregnant and i keep having pain off and on im my belly along with tightening. the pain usually starts off low under my belly and is intense then works its way up. it gets really hard. are these possibly contractions? this is my first child and everything is so new.

kewatson09

Asked by kewatson09 at 11:12 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• sounds like contractions. take the time to time how far apart they are. if they are regular you are probably in early labor. good luck mama!
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 11:17 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• sounds like it
    CarlieJS

Answer by CarlieJS at 11:20 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• i have a hard time telling when it starts and ends. any suggestions to that?
    kewatson09

Comment by kewatson09 (original poster) at 11:20 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• when your belly gets tight and really hard is the beginning, when it relaxes its the end
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:31 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• and the pain is continuous?
    kewatson09

Comment by kewatson09 (original poster) at 11:34 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• to me it was, but it got worse during the contraction, contractions will get closer and more painful; during real labor and they wont go away no matter what you do, braxton hicks(fake contractions will get better with rest and wont get closer or more painful)
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:50 PM on Nov. 29, 2010