Why does he hate his dad so much?

One of my kids boyfriend hates his dad. He says because his dad is a jerk, mean, and cusses at him, and takes his cell phone for no reason. He goes to his dads everyother weekend. For the past 3-days he's been coming here. He tells my daughter that his dad has women issues, and that hes psycotic.

Today, my step-son found a screwdriver, and a few of those sharp blade things that you throw at trees in his backpack.

I'm worried about this kid.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• I would be a little worried to. When he comes over keep any sharp things out of his sight.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 11:16 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I would be too
    CarlieJS

Answer by CarlieJS at 11:18 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Can you talk to his mother or let the boy know he can come talk to you and not to do anything he might regret later. I'm worried about the poor kid he needs help!
    suelo74

Answer by suelo74 at 11:23 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I would be scared too. I would also be afraid of a confrontation with the parents. I wouldn't want his dad to go psycho on him because of something you had seen or heard. Have you thought of CPS?
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:46 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Speaking from experience I hated my dad all my life (so much so I begged my to divorce since I was 5 years old). I constantly wished he would die so I would never have to see him again. I can understand based on what he is telling you why he would hate his father so much. It sounds as though his father isn't very good at listening, encouraging or supporting his son well.
    That being said I would be worried as well, he could be in danger of harming himself (if he's not already) or potentially his father. If the boy is telling you these things, I would let him know that he is always welcome to talk to you about it and he's welcome in your home. He needs to feel like he can trust someone and have someone to listen to. I would also consider calling CPS, however its a fine line because you don't what the truth really is or how is father might react to his son.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 1:25 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Id just let him know that your house is a safe place he can come if he needs to talk about things but let him know that while he is welcome he cant pretty much move in. Thats only if you want him around your kids if not then your screwed cuz if you tell him to stay away u make ur kid wanna be with him all the more
    Rockabye

Answer by Rockabye at 12:38 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Sounds like he is saying what his mother does. I would tell his mother what you found in his back pack. Tell me this what parent takes away something from their kid for no reason?
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 1:11 PM on Dec. 3, 2010