Positive Pregnancy test! Now...

So my last pregnancy was ectopic and i was told that this week i will need to go in for a blood test and that as soon as my levels are up to 2,000, they'll do an ultrasound to make sure. How long til my levels reach that point? Or when do levels usually reach that point?

prettypaper

Asked by prettypaper at 11:18 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It all depends on your body is how long it will take.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 11:19 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Ahhhh! So exciting! congrats! Now let's hope this one is stuck in the right place. As to your question - now, it depends what test you took. Let's say you took one with a sensitivity of 25. How late are you? Did you have a negative test first? If this was your first test and the positive was strong, I'd like to assume your level is currently around 100. HcG doubles *roughly* every 48 hours. Sometimes less, sometimes more. Depends on the person. But if you stick with that model, then it will hit 200 dec 1, 400 dec 3, 800 dec 5, 1600 dec 7, and 3200 dec 9. So you should be in the 2000 range by Dec 8. It could be a couple days sooner, or it could take a couple extra days, but regardless you should hit 2000 before two weeks have passed. Good luck!
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 11:24 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Thank you! My friend is actually a nurse at an OB and she gave me one of those tests so i got to pee in a cup and then drop some drops on the little panel (that was an awkward sentence) It took two seconds, fastest ever for both lines to appear and they were big and bold. I'm also a week late.
    prettypaper

Comment by prettypaper (original poster) at 11:29 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• It only took me about a week to get to 1,600. I also had a previous ectopic. I was around 4 1/2 weeks when I found out I was pregnant and about 51/2 or 6 when I got an ultrasound to find out the baby was in the right spot. Good luck.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 2:27 PM on Nov. 30, 2010