Is there anything I can do to help this little guy survive the night?

I just got home and found that somebody and dumped two parakeets on my front porch. One of them is already dead from the cold. I brought the living one in the house and transfered him into the cage I had ready for the cockatiel I was planning to buy on the 1st. The cage he was in looked like it hasn't been cleaned in weeks or months. There was no food in there with him and when I gave him a millet spray he started going nuts on it. Lol. But what kind of terrible person does that?! I was planning on buying another bird when I got paid but if this little guy makes it I may keep him. He is just sitting there like a little stone.

mommytoJames512

Asked by mommytoJames512 at 11:20 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Pets

• Some people are so heartless! I can't believe they just left them out there to die. Thank you for wanting to keep him and take care of him. I'm sorry his cagemate died, but I do hope that he makes it.
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 9:18 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Just keep loving on him take him to a vet tomorrow and see what they can do Your one in a million for trying your hardest
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 11:24 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• It sounds as if you are already doing what you can. I hope there's other bird lovers here to give you advice. Thanks for saving the bird! I don't own any birds but I love all animals!!!!!!!
    suelo74

Answer by suelo74 at 11:26 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I use to put my parakeet in my sweter when he was too cold. Thank you for helping the little guy, that is so nice of you.
    Mamitaocupada

Answer by Mamitaocupada at 11:27 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Just keep him warm and fed. I have such a soft spot for animals.
    tracylyn245

Answer by tracylyn245 at 11:31 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• maybe put a heating pad on low for him to sit on to warm up.....
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 11:24 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Poor little thing.
    mommytoJames512

Comment by mommytoJames512 (original poster) at 11:26 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• your doing the right thing but he probably has endure alot especially a lil guy like him in this weather i wish u luck but nature may take its course all because of a careless cold hearted person.
    firstimemommy21

Answer by firstimemommy21 at 12:18 PM on Nov. 30, 2010