lets get labor started

any suggestions on how to get labor started or progress faster. other than the usual walking, castor oil and sex.

kewatson09

Asked by kewatson09 at 11:24 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Honestly sex sent me into labor both times. I don't recommend caster oil it's not good. But call your doctor about being induced.
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 11:28 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• if the baby isnt ready then no matter what you do the baby wont come. and dont do castor oil it can lead to pneumonia on the baby or worse!!
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:29 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• LOL, be more patient, itll happen when its time.
    kingkongsmom

Answer by kingkongsmom at 11:29 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• nipple stimulation.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 11:33 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• well shes already dropped and in position so i was just thinking of ways to help her speed up the process lol ive tried walking and castor oil and walking helped but the castor oil did nuthing. someone told me to bounce on one of those big exercise balls for 20 mins at a time and so far it may have gotten contractions started but thats it.
    kewatson09

Comment by kewatson09 (original poster) at 11:37 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• In my experience walking doesn't start labor it just helps once you're in labor. This may be a bit graphic but Sex only helps if the guy cums in you. The chemicals in the seaman help to ripen the cervix. I've heard from a lot of women that they have gotten pedicures or foot messages and gone into labor right after that. That and really spicy food. Also nipple stimulation will help.

joscelyne

Answer by joscelyne at 11:42 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I did not try this but my friend and her 2 friends did and they went into labor the next day... curb walking. One foot on the ground and the other on the curb. Walk as long as you can. I think sex and spicy food helped me... I was told you have to have an orgasm though. Good luck! =)
    aurora503

Answer by aurora503 at 12:13 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• SEX SEX and did i mention sex?
    angela.bouchard

Answer by angela.bouchard at 1:13 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Why do you want to "speed up the process"?

There is a reason it's going the speed it is.
    ;-)

There is a reason we are still pregnant until we aren't.
    Baby and body aren't ready ~~yet.
    But they *will* be !!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:32 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• FYI, the comments above about sex aren't really correct.
    Just making out can "do" the job.
    But the more intense, the longer, the more enjoyable, then the more likely to release more oxytocin.
    So orgasms help (especially if it's with both parties), but oral or manual, self-stimulation, just kissing can have an effect.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:34 AM on Nov. 30, 2010