When did your children stop beliveing in Santa?

How old were your children?

TiffanyPlew

Asked by TiffanyPlew at 11:36 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• 6 and 7 when I told them. I thought they were getting a little old to still believe.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 11:38 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• MY oldest are 7 and 9 and our youngest is 2 (3 next month). I was wanting to tell them but I am afraid they will ruin it for their lil sister. So as far as i know they still believe in Santa
    TiffanyPlew

Comment by TiffanyPlew (original poster) at 11:40 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I think that they could be trusted with the secret, at least the 9yo. It is up to you. My parents let me know when I was 9 that he didn't exist and I was heartbroken and mortified that I had believed. That is why I told my kids early. You can just wait it out until they come to you and ask.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 11:43 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• My son was around 8 or 9. His older brother told him. He was so sad! I apologized and he said “Don't worry mom, you and dad were great santa claus"
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:56 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• with 5 kids the boys all new and three younger ones did no till my daughter came home kindergarden hey mom you lied there no santa
    i tooker aside and said yes your right but lets not tell the others they will be upset ,at 5yrs old she did not tell her siblings
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 12:59 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• OMG, my daughter came home from school one day & she said, "I know there's no santa". SOOO, I thought hard about it & agreed with her. I couldn't believe what she said next-" There isn't? I thought the kids in school were lying!" and she CRIED! She was about 8 years old then. At that point I turned into a bad mommy! I have never felt so bad :((((
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 1:11 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• They never believed in him.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:14 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Mine were 9 and 10!

Answer by older at 7:53 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Mine were all somewhere the 4th/5th grade level......9/10 years old. My twins are 5 years older than their sister and 7 years older than their youngest brother and they did fantastic not saying a thing. We never said anything to THEM - there is no age to be "to old to believe"; they just all came up and very quietly at some time or another and let us know that they knew who 'Santa' was.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:03 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• My son figured it out when he was 6. My daughter, 10, just figured it out this year.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Nov. 30, 2010