Do you admire your children every day?

I'm not saying anyone should or shouldn't....lol.......but sometimes I can't believe that we made such a beautiful little girl. She's absolutely beautiful. I know as her Mama................I'm definitely biased...lol, but she is just more beautiful every day and also sweeter. She has wonderful manners and is shy, but friendly all the same. Mind you, I want her to be humble, so I'm not exaggerating her beauty. I could never be a "pageant mom"....yuck. NO offense to those who are, but I want my child to enjoy her childhood as a child....without a job or responsibilities of that sort.

I guess basically, tell me how much your child amazes you, because I know my daughter amazes me every day. She's almost 2 1/2 years old.

BridgetC140

Asked by BridgetC140 at 11:40 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• I basically feel the same about my dd.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 11:42 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Yep. :) not every minute of every day....there are definitely those moments when I can't believe my child is such a disobedient little terrorist....but definitely for some portion of every day I sit and admire how beautiful, sweet, and smart my 2 year old is.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 11:43 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I usually do all of my admiring after they are in bed. I have two very hyper girls that fight with each other all day. I have moments during the day when I am amazed at how they have grown or how they make the right decisions.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 11:45 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• My sons are 24 & 20, I admire myself and husband for raising 2 awesome youg men :) Our oldest is our hero! He's in the military and has served 2 tours in Iraq and our youngest keeps us laughing with his amazing sense of humor! LOVE my boys!!!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:48 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• My little one will be 5 yrs old on Dec. 14 th, I have 4 grown bio. kids but was often too busy dealing with life to enjoy them a great deal though I did show up to every school concert,........( yes even late if I had to get 'sick' during work to make it to school), I have more time to just enjoy this little one, even when Im sick with diabetes he is th eonly person that can still make me smile or chuckle, every single day I am thankful for him, blessed by him, he is my whole world, he keeps me healthier, happier even in the midst of a life storm, I see him or hear him talking,..and I have to stop and just grin, be happy for a moment,...............I had nothing to do with his genetic making but I still take credit and say he is my better looking side or whatever, people not knowing any better say he looks just like my daughter or one of my sons or alot like me,LOL.-He knows he is the Most Beautiful and Perfect son to me ever.
    kingkongsmom

Answer by kingkongsmom at 11:52 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• kingkongsmom.............while I find it beautiful how much you love your adopted son.....it saddens me a bit that it seems you don't feel the same way about your other children. I hope you give the same love to them all equally, even if you may not be feeling it in your heart.
    BridgetC140

Comment by BridgetC140 (original poster) at 12:02 AM on Nov. 30, 2010