How can I get the vomit smell out of the carseat

how do you get the vomit smell out of the carseat? I just finished washing it for the 2nd time. The first time I hand washed it with Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap-just to get the chunks and big stuff out, then I machine washed it with Tide, and it still stinks. And what about the smell in the car? its super nasty.

Thanks ladies! :)

Livv066

Asked by Livv066 at 11:46 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Home & Garden

• wash it with a bit of vinegar. Like 1/4 cup or less. Ironically, using vinegar in the wash - WITH regular detergent - helps to eliminate odors. As for the car itself...best I can recommend is to febreeze it. =/
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 11:48 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I've dealt with this same issue a few too many times! Try washing it in the machine again with a 1/2 cup-1 cup of baking soda. That should take the odor out. Once it is dry, you might spray it dowm with some Febreeze. I would shampoo the interior of the car with a RugDoctor or other steam cleaner and febreee after its dry. Also sprinkle baking soda on the car and then vacuum after a few hours.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 11:50 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Vinegar - it really works..
    Lovey1234

Answer by Lovey1234 at 12:19 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Baking soda & vinegar in the wash.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:13 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Baking Soda instead of detergent and vinegar instead of fabric softener. Rewash. Making a vinegar/water solution and spray down your car's interior.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:16 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I would wash it with hot water, with lots of detergent, as many times as it takes. You can let it agitate in the washer for a minute and then turn the washing machine off and let it soak for a while and then run it again. For the car, leave the windows open for it to air out, get out a wet washcloth or a carpet cleaning machine for the upholstery and floor. I am not a big believer in air fresheners because they just mask the smell, you have to eliminate the source of the smell and let it air out. And I don't like using vinegar because it smells as bad as vomit lol
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 11:57 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• eww but yes maybe try vinegar
    san78

Answer by san78 at 3:30 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• First I'd try the baking soda idea. Vinegar smells bad enough by itself.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 11:10 PM on Dec. 5, 2010